Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS)is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega - with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
If you are an energeticRegistered Nursewho enjoys being part of a collaborative and talented team then a rewarding career with Northeast Georgia Health System is where you want to be!
NGHS is currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse for our NICU in Braselton.
This is afull-time day shift Charge Nurse role for the Level II NICUin Braselton.
The Charge Nurse, under the direct and indirect supervision of the Nurse Manager or administrative supervisor, facilitates and assists with all levels of Nursing care provided to patients within a Nursing unit or practice location.
The Charge Nurse will assist Clinical Nurses with day to day problem solving and will facilitate communication between care team providers. He/She coordinates, elevates and resolves problems and conflicts as they occur.
The Charge Nurse assumes shift accountability for patient flow, matching patient needs with available resources, and elevates patient safety concerns/situations as well as any other situation that is unable to be resolved during the shift.
The Charge Nurse leadership role is critical to improving the quality of care provided on the individual Nursing unit/practice setting. In addition to these responsibilities, when needed the Charge Nurse may assume all or partial staff nurse responsibilities.
The Charge Nurse is the first level of administration assigned to the unit in the absence of the Nurse Manager. The Charge Nurse participates in Peer Interviewing and Peer Evaluation. The Charge Nurse is included in worked hours per patient day (WHPPD) and is assigned by self to direct patient care assignment as unit need indicates.
The Charge Nurse assists in the advancement of the professional practice environment by communicating the NGHS Nursing strategic direction and focusing on activities that support the Nursing strategic direction.
Provides Nursing involvement support for VOICE and the NDNQI quality teams including supporting team members in their professional participation. Assists with overall clinical governance and other projects as assigned.
- Licensed to practice as an RN in Georgia. Required: National certification in either a clinical or leadership specialty within two years of hire.
- Required: Professional organization membership within three months of hire into the role.
- Preferred: A degree in Nursing (either BSN or MSN). BSN strongly encouraged within five years.
- Required: A minimum of one year in a direct patient care role in an acute care environment and in the specialty. Preferred: Three years of direct patient care experience in an acute care enviroment and within the specialty.
- Active GA RN license.
- Associate Nursing DegreeRequired;
- Bachelor of Nursing DegreePreferred.
- One year of experience as a professional RN in acute care required. New graduate RNs or those with less than one year of experience will be referred to the Nurse Residency Program recruiter.
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience as an RN providing care in a Level II NICU setting.
- NRP certification required upon start date.
- STABLE certification highly recommended.
NGHS prefers a capable clinician with previous specialty experience, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care as part of the interdisciplinary team to a variety of complex patients. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning clinical bedside leadership role and seeks mentoring in this process. Is a professional member ofVOICE professional nursing shared governanceproviding feedback on issues being addressed at meetings. Participates as a member onVOICE councils and Nursing Quality Teamsas appropriate. Actively participates on Unit Council helping with plans to improve NDNQI nursing sensitive indicators, RN Satisfaction, Employee Engagement, Culture of Safety, and Patient Experience data. Works together with other care team members to recruit and retain an excellent nursing care team. Responsible for providing direct and safe patient care based on the nursing process, and for coordinating care for assigned patients on a shift to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes. Requires consultation with more experienced clinicians and accepts feedback as a constructive professional development tool.We're looking for someone who:
Job Specific & Unique Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Admits mistakes and shortcomings
- Communicates Effectively
- Takes Initiative
- Promotes Teamwork
- Adapts to Change
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities
- Delivery of safe, effective, efficient care that meets population specific guidelines
- Actively works to make own and related team successful, effectively communicates with patients, families and colleagues at all levels, shows consideration and respect or others and fosters customer service
- Effectively prioritizes, recognizes problems, and utilizes evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrates personal mastery, leadership of self and others, as appropriate, delegates appropriately, and supports NGHS shared governance model
- Basic computer skills necessary to operate computer systems used on unit
- Demonstrate basic assessment skills
- Demonstrates the 5 rights of medication administration
- Accurately documents all aspects of the nursing process using the electronic medical record, as applicable
- Understands & complies with all DNV standards
- Accesses and follows policies
- Provides effective education appropriate for the learning needs of patient/family
- Demonstrates appropriate customer service behaviors
- Plans patient care based on assessment
- Displays basic prioritization and time management skills
- Demonstrates the ability to rapidly recognize & anticipate changes in patient status and takes appropriate action while maintaining professional composure
- Participates in the enhancement of the nursing profession and supporting the community
Normal duties may involve contact or potential exposure to blood or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials. Appropriate personal protective equipment is to be used whenever potential existsMinimum Qualifications:Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.Associate Nursing degree.Licensed to practice as an RN in Georgia.Two-years experience as a professional RN.
- Occasionally lifting up to 100 lbs
- Frequent kneeling/stooping/bending
- Frequent standing/walking
- Frequent pushing/pulling
- Frequent intensive work, requires reading, writing, reasoning, & talking
Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree
National certification in clinical specialty, as eligible
Membership in a professional organization
*New graduate RNs or those with less than one year of experience will be referred to the RN Residency Program.
Since first opening its doors in Gainesville in 1951, Northeast Georgia Medical Center has added hospital campuses in Braselton, Barrow and Dahlonega - and become Georgia's most awarded hospital. Some recognitions include being named to these lists:
America's 50 Best Hospitals- Healthgrades
100 Top Hospitals- Truven Health Analytics
100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs- Beckers Hospital Review
America's Top Quality Providers- Carechex
Atlanta's Top 150 Workplaces- Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Healthcare's Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems- Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
NGMC has also been recognized in recent years as Georgia's #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women's care and more.
This job has expired.