Bonus: New, full-time employees are eligible for a one-time, taxable bonus of $2,000.00 to be paid out after the successful completion of the first 90 days of employment.
Mass General Brigham Integrated Care is a system-led operating entity formed by Mass General Brigham to develop new high quality, low cost, innovative community-based ambulatory care.This work stems from Mass General Brigham's unified system strategy to bring health care closer to patients while lowering total health care costs. MGB Integrated Care will provide a wide range of offerings, including outpatient surgery, imaging, primary care, behavioral and mental health, and specialty care, both digitally as well as at physical locations across the state and region.
We aspire to be people's first choice for health and care
- rooted in well-being and kindness -
by bringing world-class care closer to home (or at home!) and
being the bridge to world-renowned hospitals and research when needed.
We are looking for team members who possess not only the relevant skills and growth potential, but positive attitudes, flexibility, and creative mindsets to join our expanding team. Opportunities exist for team members to contribute both in their primary domain as well as in other areas of the organization.
Our core values are shared fundamental beliefs that guide our decision-making and behavior and bind us together as a team. At MGB Integrated Care, we are:
The Opportunity: Central Sterile TechnicianWhy This Role Is Important
- Bravely Human: We approach our work with empathy, vulnerability, and kindness.
- Clearly Honest: We seek to provide clarity amongst our teams and patients.
- Proudly Collaborative: We are all part of a team - each bringing our unique talents to bear.
- Intentionally Consistent: We intentionally live our purpose, providing a cohesive experience for both patients and providers.
- Exceptionally Creative: We continue to learn, grow, and iterate on the ways we work.
In a clinical setting, ensures accurate and timely scheduling support to the Operating Room, PPE, Pre-op, and PACU. Understands the block schedules and works collaboratively within the system. Works collaboratively with the Director of Surgical Services, Director of Operations, OR Clinical Manager and physician offices to ensure that patients are scheduled in an appropriate time- frame and compatible with physician blocks and schedules.Responsibilities
- Must be able to perform all duties in accordance with the iCare Policies and Procedures
- International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM), and/or the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc. (CBSPD) standards and procedures should be understood and followed
- Instrument and Equipment Decontamination and Cleaning
- Utilizes approved PPE as appropriate
- Receives soiled, used, and/or contaminated equipment, surgical instruments, scopes, and supplies from Operating Rooms, patient care units, and specialized areas; documents arrival and cleaning process utilizing electronic instrument tracking software
- Disassembles items as needed before choosing appropriate cleaning method.
- Identifies items in need of repair upon receipt and ensures information is maintained during cleaning process
- Selects and utilizes appropriate manual cleaning tools to achieve instrument decontamination, including but not limited to instrument brushes, enzymatic detergent, flushing devices, ultrasonic bath, leak tested
- Selects and utilizes appropriate automated cleaning tools to achieve instrument decontamination; this includes loading and selecting appropriate cycles on automated washers
- Cleans work area by wiping area with antibacterial agent upon work completion or as needed
- Instrument and Equipment Assembly and Packaging
- Documents all work performed utilizing instrument tracking software
- Inspects and assembles all equipment, instruments, scopes, and instrument sets following product recipe, verifies items are functional, free of debris and required per instrument recipe
- Documents items missing from instrument set, escalating set to CSR Clinical Operations Supervisor or Designee for further guidance
- Identifies and places appropriate internal indicator as required
- Selects appropriate packaging method, including any sterilization accessories (corner protectors etc.); ensures all external indicators and/or labels are securely affixed to item
- Transports items to sterilization as needed
- Maintains clean and organized work area, ensuring workspace is functional for peer use upon work completion or as needed
- Sterilization, High Level Disinfection and Documentation
- Interprets package labeling to select appropriate sterilization method and approved cycle, options include Steam, ETO, STERRAD, or other as required
- Inspects packages to ensure all external indicators, filters, and/or labels are securely affixed to items, returns non-satisfactory products to instrument room
- Loads sterilizer as appropriate to ensure cycle completion; includes biological testing as appropriate
- Performs routine sterilizer testing including biological monitoring, leak test, and bowie dick test as appropriate
- Following established policies interprets and appropriately documents result of sterilizer testing. Escalates positive results as appropriate for intervention
- Removes and inspects items from sterilizer utilizing approved methods to preserve package integrity
- Following established procedures selects appropriate High Level Disinfection method, manual (Rapicide OPA) or automatic (AER), for heat sensitive instruments, equipment, or flexible endoscopes
- AER options include Medivator
- Utilizes approved PPE as appropriate
- Performs daily AER maintenance in accordance with established policies and procedures, documents appropriately
- Performs daily Rapicide OPA maintenance in accordance with established policies and procedures, documents appropriately
- Inventory Management and Case Cart Build
- Utilizes patient specific pick lists to accurately gather surgical instruments and disposable supplies requested by attending surgeon or another Peri-Operative representative
- Documents case cart build process in T-Doc, continuously updating the record as items are fulfilled to maintain integrity of needs list
- Inspects items during the pick process to ensure package integrity remains intact, package is within expiration date, and substitutions are appropriate
- Communicates unmet surgical supply requests to leadership for resolution assistance.
- Returns supplies not used after surgical procedures to their proper stock location
- Modifies picking order as directed by Supervisor based on changing OR Surgical Schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- Required: At least 1 year of experience
- Preferred: Graduate of Sterile Processing Training program preferred. Previous experience gained in a surgical or sterile processing setting
Licensure, Certifications, or RegistrationEtc.
- Required: High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Preferred: Associate degree, CRCST
- Primary Location: Salem, NH
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, occasional extended hours
- Job Type: Full-time
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.