The Collection System Technician performs a variety of skilled, semi-skilled, and manual work in the repairing, cleaning, locating and inspection of the wastewater collection system, operate a variety of light construction equipment and wastewater system cleaning and maintenance.
- Responsible charge of operating heavy equipment including a backhoe, combination high pressure flusher and vac trauck
- Perform a variety of construction, repair, cleaning, & inspection work including rodding, hydroflush cleaning, television camera inspection & locating
- Assist in maintaining & caring for assigned tools & equipment
- Sit to drive or ride in vehicle, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, & twist while getting in & out of trenches, mixing mortar, & working in sewage; perform simple & power grasping, pushing & pulling, fine manipulation, use feet to operate foot controls, lift of carry weight of 100 pounds, hear traffic noise, & observe oncoming traffic for safety. Required to communicate via radio & hear radio dispatch signal
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled & manual work involved in the maintenance, cleaning, & closed circuit television inspection of sewer lines & structures.
- Operate hand & power tools, including air compressors, jack hammers, & cement mixers, perform heavy manual labor
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Learn, observe all safety precautions as required by the Company, including, but not limited to, state and federal General Industry Safety Directives, may be required to enter confined space
- Ability to be on call nights and weekends to work overtime in response to emergency situations and alarms
- Must live within 30 minutes of the office/garage to respond to emergencies, work shift, on-call, weekends, and holidays as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of a collections system or wastewater treatment plant, or related field
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be 1st aid and CPR certified within 90 days of hire
- Maintaining safe & efficient working conditions including housekeeping
- Ability to perform considerable walking, climbing, moderate to heavy lifting and carrying
- Must have and maintain a valid CDL with tanker endorsement and safe driving record.
- Must obtain a Mass 4E hoisting license within 1 year of hire.
Veolia North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Provide an email, zip code for jobs, and/or job category to subscribe to job alerts. Learn more now.