EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Carpenter *This is currently a temporary position for 2-3 Months.
Job Summary: The candidate must be able to work in a team environment and possess good oral and written communication skills, professional appearance, and good attitude required. Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time. Constructs and repairs walls, ceilings, flooring and doors in commercial and industrial establishments by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Frame metal stud or wood framed walls and ceilings
- Hang and finish drywall in preparation for finishes
- Erect acoustical ceiling grid and install acoustical ceiling pads
- Install wood and hollow metal frames and doors, including associated hardware including locks, closers and panic devices
- Install cabinets/casework and countertops
- Install prefabricated windows and frames
- Install vinyl composition tile flooring as well as carpet tile
- Install window shades/blinds
- Assemble and install specialty items as lockers, benches, toilet accessories and partitions
- Install wood trim including base, crown molding, chair rail and door trim
- Install commercial modular furniture systems
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver license
- Three or more years of carpentry experience required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to read a tape measure and perform basic addition and subtraction required for measuring and cutting materials to be incorporated into finished work
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, and internal personal skills
- Ability to work and communicate professionally in occupied space environments with a variety of customers.
955 Reading Road
Cincinnati, OH 45241Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.