MV Transportation - the nation's leading public transportation contractor - is growing our business development team. We are looking for committed, focused, and detail-oriented candidates with grit, stamina, and the ability to work in high-pressure environments.
MV grows its business through the competitive bid / public procurement process (Request for Proposals, or RFPs). Our projects center around customer requirements and detailed specifications. The Capture Manager plays an important role in this process. Attention to detail and compliance with requirements are essential.
Working on a sales team comprising approximately ~20 teammates, the capture manager captures requirements related to competitive, public procurements and works with a broad cross-functional team to obtain required data, schematics, quotes, and other deliverables required of our RFP response. This position gathers and records information required to formulate, develop, and submit well-constructed proposal responses that meet business margin and strategic requirements. This individual provides vital organization, control, and structure to the bid process.
This position assists in managing individual projects, multiple projects at a time. The ideal candidate is organized, can foster mutual trust, is process-oriented, has a can-do attitude, and possesses outstanding customer service skills. The capture manager is a power-user of Microsoft Teams and manages individual project sites on this platform.
The objective of this position is to enable more accurate, thoughtful, and efficient bidding, liberating Sales employees to focus on their core responsibilities.
Key Performance Indicators
- Reviews and summarizes new RFPs for the gating process, coordinate with operations, sales, and pricing
- Reads RFP front to back and understands and documents all requirements of the bid
- Documents all requirements pertaining to the bid and communicates these to the cross functional team
- Schedules meetings at the request of a cross functional team
- Focuses on continual improvement in all areas of the position and process
- Takes constructive criticism and applies learnings back into the work product
- Identifies the need for information requests and solicits the cross-functional team for feedback
- Engages a diverse cross-functional team to participate in assigned bids
- Manages multiple activities associated with the project, ensures timeline adherence
- Collects internal team inputs and customer feedback and provide to the cross-functional team for communal use and reference
- Help the bid team analyze the RFP to determine the client's needs and expectations (after the project is approved)
- Updates the bid status in Microsoft Teams
- Review proposals and other deliverables for quality
- Work with Sales and other functions to obtain necessary approvals over the life of the bid
- Provides updates to leadership on the team's progress and results
- Acts as liaison between management, Business Development, Production, and the cross-functional bid team
- Performs data requests and other bid-related research (pricing, RFP scoring, competitive analysis, proposal, and presentation evaluations)
- Supports continuous improvement efforts to refine and improve the bid process
- Motivates and energizes the internal cross-functional team to produce quality bids
Education and experience requirements
- Managing internal timelines across the cross-functional team
- Superior customer service (complaints vs. commendations)
- Documentation of efforts - maintaining a record of events in salesforce
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business administration or management
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in one or more of the following:
- Leading capture efforts from pursuit decision to award
- Business Development with a demonstrated track record
- Project management in a fast-paced sales/P&L environment
- Experience with project management, contracts, and proposal development
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Experience with state and local municipality contract types and procurement processes is a plus
- Transportation sector experience preferred
- Experience with Salesforce reporting and workflow management is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Teams
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
This job has expired.