Field Applications Engineer FPGA
As a Field Applications Engineer at Arrow Electronics, you will be helping our customers select and design-in electronic components and solutions from our extensive line card. Arrow FAE's are trusted advisors, providing technical expertise and guidance to ensure the success of both our customers and suppliers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Drive demand creation by maximizing Arrow content on designs. Develop an advanced understanding of the customer's needs and leverage Arrow's engineering and design services resources to identify & facilitate solutions for customers. Apply technical expertise to influence designs utilizing solution selling, resources, and strategies.
- Partner with the sales team across pre-and post-sales activities. Provide technical support and consulting to promote demand creation. Champion return on engineering investment, design win priorities and initiatives by obtaining buy-in and support from sales.
- Work with customers to develop a thorough understanding of their design requirements at both a system and component level.
- Prepare and give sales presentations to customers.
- Manage top opportunities and opportunity funnel for assigned suppliers.
- Attend supplier trainings in-person and via conference calls. Demonstrate an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of supplier technologies and how those technologies relate to market needs.
- Provide training to the local sales team on new products and help market these products to the appropriate customers.
- Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up to date on activities, plans, and progress towards initiatives. Deepen and broaden connections with key decision makers within customers and suppliers.
- Attend and actively participate in strategic branch meetings and quarterly business reviews. Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solution.
- Help plan and organize engineering customer events and seminars.
- This job profile requires the assignment and participation in a sales compensation plan. A portion of On-Target Earnings will be variable and tied to specific sales-related goals as set forth by Arrow.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in embedded design
- Must be able to quickly build strong relationships with customers and suppliers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Meets with customers both on-site and virtually
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
- Contributes to process improvements
- Typically resolves problems using existing solutions
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to Arrow field sales staff
What We're Looking For:
- Must have an EE Degree.
- Typically requires 4-7 years of electronic design experience with a bachelor's degree in engineering; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience designing with FPGA's (HDL, Simulation, Verification, etc…)
- Analog and embedded design experience.
- Experience in C-programming and/or Embedded Linux is a plus
What We Offer at Arrow:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
US-IL-Chicago, Illinois (Spring Lake Dr)
This job has expired.