McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
Business Manager will oversee business office management at McLean Hospital Borden Cottage (MBC), Camden, ME a residential program for dual-diagnosis substance use disorders. This person will assist in maintaining compliance with all applicable local, state and federal contracts, regulations and/or guidelines for the business operation of the treatment program in collaboration with McLean Business Development. This educational, residential treatment program has capacity for eight clients and is located on a lovely walking campus in Camden.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reports to McLean Borden Cottage program director regarding business and operations, implementation of policies and management of business services for MBC educational, residential treatment program located in Camden, ME. The position collaborates with and provides linkages to McLean Business Development and other related departments at McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA.
- Provides leadership and ongoing business operations of the clinical program to drive the program's expansion forward by utilizing strong personal experience and professional skill set while working with the Borden Cottage team and incorporating the expertise of McLean Hospital Business Development staff and resources.
- Completes general office procedures, and functions related to operations and fiscal systems (i.e. accounts receivable, accounts payable, EBuy purchase orders and expenses, EChecks, and MS Office incoming/outgoing email and interoffice mail, etc.).
- Develops and maintains excel spreadsheets and databases for business tracking and budget analysis functions. Helps prepare, track and analyze operational budget for the program.
- Develops, evaluates and improves systems and protocols for business and operational functions of the program.
- Proofreads and edits all prepared documentation for program to assure accuracy prior to submittal. Maintains high degree of office efficiency, makes decisions related to routine administrative and clerical tasks and details.
- Provides administrative support to program staff. Arranges and schedules appointments, interviews, meetings and conference calls for Borden Cottage directors. Provides duplication and collation of documents and reports for program.
- Answers the telephone and fields calls, as needed.
- Assists with greeting and scheduling vendors, patients, families, and guests of the program. Monitors the traffic flow in and out of the residential facility for customer service purposes and for regulatory and safety issues.
- Manages PeopleSoft (primary) and Kronos (primary) electronic systems for program staff and is liaison to McLean Human Resources and other administrative departments.
- Provides coordination of the new staff hiring process with McLean Belmont Human Resources as it relates to Maine background checks, I-9 forms, Occupational Health, McLean HR Orientation paperwork, etc. This role to be transitioned to or handled in collaboration with MBC leadership staff as soon as available.
- Assures that Quality Assurance protocols and checklists are followed and reviewed in a timely manner.
- Monitors program operations, budgets, contracts and other regulations as required by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Back up provider and distributer for the monthly program utilization data summary reports for MBC program.
- Assists in developing appropriate policies and procedures for the program in compliance with regulatory agencies and helps prepare licensure materials as needed.
- Manages contracted service providers for the program (e.g. food services, dietary consulting, housekeeping and linens, equipment maintenance, lab services, hazardous waste contract, pool vendors and contractors, etc.) to assure efficient quality service and updated contracts. Collaborates with McLean Business Development on contract services management.
- Oversees daily food service/catering vendor activities and specifications at the facility. Oversees daily housekeeping vendor activities and schedules. Trains appropriate housekeeping staff to utilize the comprehensive housekeeping checklist on a daily basis and to maintain a complete inventory of all linens and supplies.
- Conducts ongoing daily inspections of the facility to maintain comfort and to ensure optimal safety and appearance of residential facility. Collaborates with the MBC Admissions Coordinator to work with the FHRE, LLC, (landlord) maintenance staff and includes McLean Business Development staff to ensure rapid solutions to repair and maintenance issues using subcontractors and vendors (e.g. furniture, accessories, equipment, etc.) as needed.
- Ensures vendor compliance of daily tasks and works with other MBC staff, when needed, to problem solve issues including everything from snow and ice removal, stocking and inventorying food, beverages and par stocks and assisting with safe food storage and disposal to whatever makes for smooth operations and functioning at the program site
- Provides consistent feedback about the operations of the facility to the program director and to McLean Business Development staff.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with all vendors and manages and executes communication with contractors per McLean management directives.
- Serves as support to other administrative positions at Borden Cottage, including backup coverage for duties related coordinating patient admissions.
- Other duties as assigned by Borden Cottage director and McLean Business Development.
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.Qualifications
Bachelor's degree required; preferably in business or human services
Experienced with fast paced, business protocols and procedures. Experience in health services helpful. Self-starter with ability to work efficiently under pressure, to multi-task, to meet deadlines and to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. Requires professional demeanor. Valid ME driver's license.
Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills required.
Successful candidate must possess computer skills in order to use a variety of electronic systems to access and/or maintain personal employment-related data, satisfy required annual trainings, and use job-specific applications. All employees of McLean Hospital are assigned an email account for business communication purposes. Candidate must also be able to consistently demonstrate McLean Values of integrity, compassion and respect, diversity and teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.EEO Statement
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or a condition related to pregnancy including, but not limited to, lactation or the need to express breast milk for a nursing child, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.