Job ID: 217727
Location: RESTON , VA , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-26
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is seeking a Business Development Professional to support task order capture and proposal development/submission activities with the Task Order Support Center (TOSC). The successful candidate will work collaboratively with Business Unit account teams and proposal teams, and other TOSC team members, to provide coordination support on a full range of task order capture and proposal development activities. The candidate will build and maintain strong relationships with Business Unit stakeholders to facilitate award-winning proposal submissions. Fulltime telework is available for this position.
This is a remote position.
Description of Duties:
- Collaborates with Account Teams and/or designated Task Order proposal managers to plan and build high quality, winning responses to task order requests for proposals and Government solicitations.
- Provides proposal training to ensure consistency across the business unit, and ensure that all processes are consistently followed.
- Collaborates with team on active task order proposals, including all aspects of proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities, kick-off meeting, value proposition conveyance, theme development, schedule management, action/issue tracking, proposal structure, compliance oversight, writing instructions and team guidance, review team coordination, and production oversight.
- Assists Account Team or designated Task Order proposal manager in maintaining the proposal schedule, configuration control of proposal files, planning/control documents, and baseline outlines in accordance with the RFP and the proposal review process.
- Provides daily updates regarding proposal progress to team via the daily stand-up: action items, identified risks, section status, and schedule. Identify risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Collaborates with business development and Task Order Support Center leadership to obtain adequate resources for accomplishing a high-quality proposal submission in a timely manner.
- Supports Account Teams or designated Task Order proposal manager with proposal collaboration tool support, user access, artifact population, and backup.
- Facilitates desktop publishing, graphics, editing, and reproduction resourcing throughout the task order proposal lifecycle.
- Identifies and proactively helps resolve writing and production problems.
- Supports color reviews with management and internal subject matter experts, including setting up reviews, sending review invites/notices, preparing review materials, and merging review comments.
- Reviews task order proposal products and material developed by in-house Program managers/teams through peer/color team reviews.
- Develops/maintains task order proposal management-related artifacts for each opportunity to include kickoff materials, master outline and compliance matrix, schedule, storyboards and or annotated outlines, writing instructions and templates, daily stand-up agenda, proposal team contact list, action items, and color team review briefings. Work with Task Order Support Center leadership to develop/propagate task order proposal process and toolkit items. Assist in the development and refinement of templates and standardized processes to streamline Task Order proposal development. Supports Account Teams in identification of proposal support staff and candidate personnel for proposals
- Serves as backup to the Account Team or designated Task Order proposal manager when the candidate is not available to host stand-up meetings or answer questions.
- Ensures proposal compliance, checking submission for compliance regularly throughout the proposal cycle.
- Leads/participates in proposal process improvement efforts.
- Works collaboratively with a wide range of personnel.
Required Education, Experience, & Qualifications
- Minimum of high school degree and 9 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience in a defined proposal-related role.
- Knowledge of business development processes, including capture, the proposal development life cycle, and understanding of Shipley or other business/proposal development processes
- Demonstrated experience assisting in the preparation/maintenance of proposal management artifacts (e.g., outline, compliance matrix, schedule, and proposal cross-reference matrix).
- Excellent interpersonal/communication (written and oral) skills and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting local and virtual team members across various geographical locations.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to productively collaborate with a wide range of personality types while meeting assignment demands.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent work ethic and excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Experience, Skills & Attributes
- Experience mentoring junior personnel and new hires on coordination roles and responsibilities.
- Excellent computer skills, including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience or familiarity with Virtual Proposal Center (VPC) or similar proposal management workflow tools.
- Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Experience or familiarity with Visible Thread or similar RFP analysis tools.
- Experience or familiarity with resume search tools.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.