About WEG Electric Corp.
The WEG Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) division is based in Barre, VT with offices, laboratory and testing capabilities within our Vermont facility. The Barre VT BESS team includes commercial, engineering, and operational personnel. The BESS division is part of WEG Electric Corp, which is headquartered in Duluth, GA and includes nine facilities around the country. WEG products and Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) services include electric generators, wind turbines, solar, hydropower, battery energy storage, controls, transformers, and drives. WEG Electric Corp is a subsidiary of WEG S.A., which has over 30,000 employees globally and over $4 billion in annual revenue. WEG S.A. was founded in Jaragua do Sul, Brazil in 1961, and is a global solutions provider of industrial electrical technologies.
About the role:
WEG Electric Corp. has a great opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our team. This position leads sales & business development activities for WEG regional battery energy storage system (BESS) business in the western region ( CA, OR, WA, MT, WY, UT, AZ, NM, ID, HI, CO, AK).
- Maintain a growing pipeline.
- Project capture for the supply of WEG-BESS related products and services: generating sales leads; executing, and contributing to the development of, targeted sales campaigns; developing project opportunities; leading and negotiating project contracts.
- Proactive management of representatives(building representation where needed, driving performance, ensuring representatives are empowered and active) and collaborative engagement within the company�s existing sales structures where needed.
- Development of local vendors/partnersfor auxiliary equipment and services, when needed.
- Leadership and collaboration within the company to tailor equipment and solutions offerings to deliver competitive advantage and healthy project revenue growth.
- Building and protecting WEG-BESS�s local brand: investigating and participating in relevant conferences, opening paths for technical papers, sharing success stories, etc.
- Coordination with application engineers, service personnel, and other disciplines at the company to develop and deliver project-winning proposals for equipment and services.
- Reviewing customer�s RFQ and related documents to make sure we will be meeting project requirements.
- Preparing cost model to determine sale price, interacting with sub-contractors and suppliers to obtain updated costs in order to allow WEG to submit accurate prices, keeping our margins and estimated profits.
- Reviewing T&Cs, engaging and interacting with legal department as needed.
- Ensure that sales targets are met.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge / training:
- Bachelor�s degree in a relevant area of study (engineering and/or business) from a 4-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Self-motivated, positive, adaptive, and success-seeking mentality.
- Engineered sales background.
- Proven engineered sales development & contract negotiation capabilities.
- Depth and breath of knowledge of steam turbine applications & solution customization.
- Familiarity with North American power generation / conversion markets.
- Strong understanding of industry trends, market dynamics, and customer expectations.
- Knowledge of competitors� products and go-to-market strategies.
- Skilled in presentation and public speaking.
- Timely and well-organized communicator.
- General familiarity with factory operations and design engineering processes.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office.
- 5+ years of relevant business experience
- Experience with battery energy systems provider is favorable
- Experience in a cross-cultural business environment is a plus
We offer a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and full benefits package. To Apply: All candidates must submit an updated resume and complete our application in order to be considered for this position.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
This job has expired.