As a Business Analyst you will lead the collection, capture, and management of mission user needs from prioritization, concept development, and feature writing to support development and deployment. Provide expertise in business process and system analysis, design, improvement, and implementation efforts and in translating business process needs into technical requirements. Provide expertise in change management and training support. Provide organizational and strategic planning for a wide variety of technical and functional environments. Provide expertise in, but not limited to, Configuration Management, Strategic Planning, Knowledge Management, Business Analysis and Technical Analysis.
- Envision, develop, and create requirements to improve tools to streamline processes to gain efficiencies and improve key metrics.
- Apply different techniques to facilitate meetings and workshops, create a shared understanding with stakeholders, and engage team-members to produce product and portfolio roadmaps.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and product teams to decompose large epics into features and user stories that can be understood and approved by members of the development team.
- Facilitate Increment and planning sessions with clients and team members to ensure that planned work is well defined, planned, articulated, and understood.
- Assist business analysts, team leads, clients, and other team members in the use of Jira as an Agile Lifecycle Management Tool to track work within the program across multiple product teams.
- Provide guidance and assistance in the usage of Jira for reporting of work progress against epics and other larger bodies of work or types of work.
- Use excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and present findings and recommendations.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of functioning as a business analyst for the federal government
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- U.S. Citizen
- Certified Scrum Master certification is preferred
Steampunk is a Change Agent
in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology
, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company
, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers - and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.
This job has expired.