Job Title: Building Automation Technician
Location: Houston, Texas
Reports to: SCI Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Gowan/ Garrett, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance.
We are Houston's largest single-source provider of premier construction, tenant buildouts, fabrication, HVAC contracting, and mechanical services.
Over the years we've built solid, long-term client relationships that have resulted in 85% repeat business.
We are a subsidiary of EMCOR Group a Fortune 500® company. Combine EMCOR's financial strength and award-winning, industry-leading safety program with Gowan Mechanical Services' wide range of capabilities and extensive HVAC and mechanical construction experience, and you have the ideal team to meet all your facilities requirements and ensure a solid return on your investment.
Job Summary: --
In this position, you will be installing (commissioning), troubleshooting, repairing and programming environmental control systems. In order to perform your task, you will utilize your knowledge of electronics (board-level troubleshooting), direct digital controls, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, and building control techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
- Assist with startup, commission, and re-commission of customer systems that utilize pneumatic/electrical/electronic technology
- Maintain accurate As-Built drawing package and make changes in Visio, Excel, Word, as required
- Responsible for calibration of systems requiring basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, network terminals, and/ or a laptop computer
- Assist in static (stand-alone) and dynamic (total building interactive network) commissioning of software programming
- Assist in the set-up of operator workstations with all associated software
- Responsible for performing job database backups on a daily basis or as advised
- Assist with the turnover to service
- Track and record job progress and keep lead project personnel informed on progress
- Keep project management apprised of concerns and issues
- Complete paperwork on time including timesheets, expense reports, posting of work orders, on-site documentation, and project status reports
- Communicate with lead project personnel upon arrival and before leaving the worksite
- Minimum 5 years experience as an installation technician in related field.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus additional specialized courses or short-term training (one year or less)
- Associates Degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or another post-high school training (two years duration).
- Possess and maintain a valid and current Driver's License and be insurable by our company's insurance carrier
- Willingness to travel if required for the duration of the typical work week, mostly local travel and occasional overnight hotel stays based on business needs.
- Capable of climbing ladders or using other lift equipment in excess of 8 feet above grade, and capable of lifting items up to 50lbs
- Basic understanding of control logic
- Knowledge of DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC/Control
- Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation
- Knowledge of JCI Facility Explorer Building Automation System
- Knowledge of Honeywell WEBS Building Automation System
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently use office tools and equipment such as computers, calculators, copy machines etc. The position requires regular mobility within the office.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will regularly work in typical office environment conditions.Disclaimer
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.