WillScot (NASDAQ WSC) is the industry leader in providing storage solutions and modular workplace solutions to customers across North America. We serve ~50,000 customers with space solution needs daily, through a network of 100+ branch locations throughout North America.
Our legacy is rooted in product innovation, a reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations, and the ability to attract and retain the industry's most talented staff and management team. Our values guide us to achieving our true potential and create an inclusive work environment which allows every person to thrive.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Branch Operations Leader (BOL) ensures the operational success of the branch. You'll be responsible for driving safety, controlling costs, developing the branch workforce, achieving branch goals, and successfully delivering modular space solutions to our customers "Ready to Work!"
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Branch Operations Leader focus includes:
- Manages employee health and safety through creating a safer workplace, DuPont STOP™, training and observations, and regularly scheduled assessments of the branch.
- Conducts periodic safety meetings as well as update safety documents and logs i.e. OSHA, DOT/DQF.
- Ensures operating standards are conducted; supported by robust training and communication actions.
- Provides managerial oversight to both contractors and full time branch operational employees (direct labor, field service, dispatch, admin, etc.)
- Oversees the ongoing maintenance, inventory and servicing of the fleet through efficient use of company resources (time, people, money, etc.)
- Ensures timely and accurate work order, off rent/damage bill, inventory and purchasing compliance.
- Ensures accurate and readily available major/minor part, VAPS and other resources necessary to conducting efficient operations.
- Collaborates with HR and leadership to effectively manage branch workforce, ensuring the right recruiting and workforce training strategies are in place to advance company goals. Assesses talent, implements employee development plans and creates and maintains a learning environment. Proactively seeks out top talent externally to maintain a robust pool of qualified talent.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with vendors and customers through open, proactive communication
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ensures all off-rents are conducted within 48 hours of return; units returned are thoroughly inspected for work order accuracy and capture any damage billing where appropriate. Relocates idle fleet and conduct work order assessments as required. Conducts fleet physical inventory counts at established frequencies.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Work Order system and the drivers that impact inaccuracies (condition coding), develops a strategy to ensure variances are
- Orders, receives and distributes materials/VAPS to work teams/vendors on a timely basis to support unit completion requirements. Conducts monthly major parts and VAPS in addition to semi-annual minor parts inventory counts.
- Focuses on driving first-time quality and reducing
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED
- 5+ years of experience as a manager in a service shop/manufacturing/building construction environment
- Proven effective leadership and supervisory skills
- Experience with Continuous Improvement fundamentals
- Competency across a broad range of operational areas including fleet, logistics, inventory, scheduling, dispatching
- Construction experience and knowledge of state/federal requirements, building codes, permitting process, etc. is helpful.
- Proficiency with MS Office/Excel/Word/Outlook
- Experience with MS Project, Hyperion, or reporting tools like Cognos is a plus.
- Strong customer service focus
- Experience hiring and developing strong team members
- Some financial (P&L) management skills
- Experience controlling operating costs and monitoring actual vs. budget financial performance is a plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be experienced in SAP invoicing platform
The opportunity to advance your career is ready for the taking at WillScot; if you're READY TO WORK, apply today!
WillScot is veteran-friendly. If you have military experience, we want to hear from you!
WillScot, is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. WillScot takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Job Segment:
ERP, SAP, Business Intelligence, Technology