At Reality Labs, our goal is to explore, innovate and design the hardware for the next generation of virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences. The mission of the battery team is to develop power sources for the devices that enable these experiences.We are looking for a skilled and motivated Battery Algorithms Engineer to join our team, whose goal is to develop new battery algorithms to improve run time, reduce charge time, improve performance across temperature and extend battery life. We are specifically looking for a candidate with experience in developing advanced algorithms for Li-ion batteries.
Battery Algorithm Engineer Responsibilities:
- Propose, develop and implement battery algorithms to improve battery performance such as charge time, cycle life and run time
- Develop state of charge, state of health and performance power performance models
- Develop battery models to support algorithm needs
- Work closely with cell, electrical and FW team to implement, validate and test the algorithms
- Develop and measure field performance of algorithms
- Experience working across multiple domains including cell engineering, electrical engineering, software and validation as well as debug issues at the interface of different domains
- Understanding of physics based and empirical models using industry standard tools
- Experience developing test plans to validate the algorithms and implementation at the battery pack level and at the system level
- Experience with battery testing and characterization, such as use of cyclers, EIS, power supplies
- Experience with Li-ion batteries and their interactions with product level requirements
- Working knowledge of control algorithms and reduced order implementation
- Experience in the domain of battery algorithms design, firmware engineering and implementation on resource constrained processors
- Modeling and coding skills in MATLAB, Python, C or C++ or other related languages
- Knowledge of Li-ion battery chemistry
- Experience with AI/ML based algorithms
- M.S or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering or Material Science
- 3+ years of experience in the field of BMS design
- Knowledge of control theory and its application to Li-ion battery modeling
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Experience with consumer electronics development
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.