Job Summary: We're looking for a software engineer manager who wants to have a big impact shaping an innovative and meaningfulB2B SaaS solution that helps customers have more meaningful conversations. This role is based out of our NYC office but is 100% remote as needed.
As an engineering leader and people coach, you will be directly responsible for managing and building a team of back-end engineers as we move into the next phase of product expansion at OnSIP. This role reports to the Director of Engineering, but would work closely with key leaders in the product and design organizations.
About OnSIP: Headquartered in New York's Financial District,OnSIP is a leading SaaS provider of real-time communications (RTC) services to thousands of SMBs with a focus on making conversations personal, meaningful and timely. Recently acquired by Intrado (formerly West), we are on an exciting frontier of a new wave of growth. We are looking for passionate candidates who want to expand and scale OnSIP at this exciting time.
- Recruit and manage other back-end engineers on your team
- Maintain modern software engineering best practices for new and existing platforms. Focus on key elements such as reusability, scalability, maintainability, and security
- Reinforce an inclusive and thoughtful team culture
- Mentor and coach your team to hit their career goals
- Execute a disciplined agile methodology and process by working closely with the product managers, architects, and other cross-functional stakeholders to translate overall product portfolio requirements into well-designed and functional resources
- Participating in development processes includes scoping, detailed design, estimation, coding, testing, debugging, maintenance, and support
- Own departmental efforts, team activities, and projects to ensure quality and efficiency of work.
- Be hands on as needed to help unblock team members and regularly conduct code reviews.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required with major course work in computer science, MIS, electrical engineering, business, or a related field is required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for education requirements.
- Typical candidate will have 6+ years of experience in engineering or computer science, including leadership or supervisory experience
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission critical. Our Company develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
The Company is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most - Information to Insight.
Our Company has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories. Our Company welcomes and encourages applications of individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.ABOUT THE TEAM
Intrado Cloud Collaboration provides meeting, messaging and collaboration tools that allow businesses to unlock the creativity of their teams and fuel productivity as if everyone was in one room - even when team members are across the globe.
Intrado also offers Cloud PBX systems for globally distributed corporations, Cloud Contact Centers to enable technical support and remote agents supporting businesses and Hosted MPLS Networks to increase business efficiency, execution and security.
With products and services ranging from audio / video conferencing services to meeting management tools, we also provide professional services to ensure support and training at each stage - from implementation of our tools and services throughout the customer lifecycle. Intrado is the #1 global conferencing partner, Cisco Meetings partner and a Microsoft Gold Collaboration Partner.