6034 - Salisbury - 1801 North Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury, Maryland, 21801
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general supervision, performs all processes necessary to diagnose and complete mechanical and cosmetic repairs on customer and internal CarMax vehicles following prescribed CarMax policies and procedures.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide and maintain exceptional customer service through customer contact before, during, and after repairs as defined by CarMax "Voice of Customer" processes.
- Locate, use and control replacement parts and supply inventories
- Use and control tools and equipment
- Perform mechanical and cosmetic repairs, including but not limited to the diagnosis of all internal and external vehicle systems.
- Follow CarMax standardized work rules
- Inspect vehicles per CarMax Quality Standards when needed.
- Complete state inspections when required.
- Maintain workplace cleanliness and organization in accordance with CarMax 5S standards
Review repair orders for work performed and accuracy of all labor, parts and sublet documentation for billing including opening and closing of repair orders
- Collect service payments and manage payments received for services.
- Use of proprietary and universal software systems including CarMax Electronic Repair Order and Mitchell.
- Provide functional expertise and leadership to other associates.
- Provide general support to other associates and managers in the store, including, but not limited to vehicle assessment, vehicle prepping, vehicle receiving and transferring.
Work requires ability to:
- Complete New Associate Orientation Training - Operations.
- Complete Kronos Training for Hourly Associates.
- Maintain a current Refrigerant Recycling License.
- Maintain current ASE Certifications in Steering and Suspension (A4) and Brakes (A5).
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs.
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates in person and over the phone. Demonstrate above average attention to detail.
- Manual dexterity in both arms and hands
- Monitor shop compliance with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA policies
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Demonstrate exceptional telephone etiquette and active listening skills
• Combination of office, shop and outdoor environment. May include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
• May require walking or standing for an extended period of time.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12-hour days.
• Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times working in the store.
• Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
• Adhere to all CarMax policies including Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and Professional Appearance policies.About CarMax
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.