Contra Costa Electric (CCE) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Since 1946 the name Contra Costa Electric, Inc. has stood for value, quality and service. Our success is a result of our commitment to these principles. Headquartered in Martinez, CA with branch offices in Bakersfield and Fresno, CA, we combine the global reach and strong financial resources of EMCOR, vast local project experience and collaborative labor relations with the skill and knowledge of our professional personnel to fill the wide range of electrical construction needs of California.
Job Title: AutoCAD 2D Detailer
CONTRA COSTA ELECTRIC, INC. seeks an experienced and innovative individual to join the Detailing/Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) Team. The function of the VDC group is to create BIM models and coordinate projects in 3D and 2D, produce Layout drawings, Prefabrication drawings, and QTO data to support maximum field productivity and meet project requirements. This position will support our Commercial Department in the Martinez, CA office.
This position reports directly to the VDC Manager.
Description of Duties:
- Performs the modeling and drawing tasks assigned to them by the Detailing VDC Manager or the Senior Detailers.
- Communicates issues and potential solutions to the Detailing VDC Manager or the Senior Detailer.
- Maintain Department Detailing Standards.
- System Design Drawings: Generate system block diagrams, system single lines, and rack elevations from information provided by the Project Team
- Facility Documentation: Generate plan drawings showing A/V devices, Conduits and Cable Callouts using information provided by the Project Team
- Prefabrication Drawings: Generate plan and elevation drawings showing Conduit and support Callouts using information provided by the Project Team
- Drawing Revisions and Redlines: Accurately update required drawings as per
- Must follow all safety, legal and environmental functions in accordance with company safety procedures and in compliance with current NEC codes and Building codes using industry standard best practices.
- Responsible for following the practices, standards, and workflows as trained-the practice for all members of the Detailing group is: "if you are not sure ask".
- Maintains confidentiality of company business and to protect the Intellectual Property assets of the VDC department.
- Notifies the Senior Detailer or Detailing VDC Manager of project issues and problems.
- Responsible for customer relations and marketing functions and should emphasize that we are an asset to the project with the goal of achieving the best outcomes for all the project stakeholders.
- Learn and understand department processes and BIM standards and when in doubt ask questions.
- Model and coordinate all electrical model elements as directed by the Detailing VDC Manager and the Senior Detailer.
- Accurately enter all model system and parameter data.
- Make coordination changes to the model as directed by the Senior Detailer.
- Create finished drawings, Prefabrication drawings, and Material QTO as directed by the Senior Detailer.
- Understand and follow project specifications and documents for all modeling and drawing activities.
- Participate in continuing education and training to advance capabilities.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Detailing VDC Manager as needed
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the electrical industry.
- Ability to read and interpret construction and design documents with minimal assistance.
- Experience in Model electrical systems in 2D for the purposes of prefabrication and MEP Coordination.
- Proficient in Full Version AutoCAD 2014 or above.
- Ability to read, create, and edit Electrical/Audio/Video/Control System Drawings using AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Sheet Sets and Dynamic Block creation is desirable.
- Understanding of Electrical Systems a plus.
- Experience with 3D AutoCAD a plus.
- Must be able to work independently and amongst a team to meet project deadlines
- Must be detail oriented, able to effectively multi-task, and have excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Must be a team player
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Intermediate level of proficiency with the following BIM-related software: AutoCAD MEP and/or Revit MEP; Navisworks; Bluebeam or Adobe Acrobat; Microsoft Excel.
A combination of applicable certifications and/or minimum of 3 years demonstrated equivalent and related experience. Benefits:
CONTRA COSTA ELECTRIC, INC. is an EMCOR company and offers a full benefit package including:
Job Site Location:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Salary Based on Experience and qualifications.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
- 825 Howe Road, Martinez, CA 94553
- Typical Working Hours: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday thru Friday