The Meta Reality Labs (RL) Audio Team is looking for an enthusiastic, hands-on Audio Electrical Engineer. The successful candidate will be an instinctive engineer who involves their head, heart, hands, and ears in the design process. We are looking for meaningful experience in all aspects of consumer product audio system design - from building up early proof-of-concept technologies, product development and testing, through to production readiness. The ideal engineer employs data driven design, objective and subjective audio evaluation, and a common sense mindset to complex engineering challenges. The best fit for the role will be a gregarious communicator who is able to describe audio activities in a clear and concise manner, relating qualitative experience to quantitative data. The points below describe an example of a strong candidate, however we highly value motivation, work-ethic and enthusiasm. If you don't fit this profile but believe are right for this position, we still want to hear from you.
Audio Systems Validation Engineer, Reality Labs Responsibilities:
- Holistic audio system design, definition and ownership (i.e. render/capture/amplifier/power delivery/audio chain)
- Debug all circuits for audio chain (including codecs, embedded DSPs, headphone amps, speaker amps and microphones)
- Validate electrical performance targets, system KPIs, and coexistence performance in the end system
- Debug and validate SW/FW bugs to ensure proper HW audio functionality
- Primary cross-functional interface with PD/PM/ID/EE/HWTE/SWE/etc.
- Collaboration with internal/external specialized teams
- Work with factory to debug and drive to resolution audio HW/SW issues for production
- Provide demos to establish performance, gaining cross-functional and leadership buy-in
- Experience with PCBA and product level failure modes
- 4+ years of industry experience focused around audio system design, influencing cross-functional teams and leadership for the improvement of audio
- Audio product development utilizing: ADB, QACT, QXDM, Audio Precision, OrCAD or Cadence or similar schematic capture and PCB layout tool experience
- Proficient in debugging Analog and Digital circuits
- Personal project experience with: Speaker enthusiast, audio hobbyist, musician/production/recording, electronics/SW tinkering projects, or something completely unexpected (flying go-kart, homemade CNC, laundry folding machine, etc.)
- Experience in transducer design (speakers, microphone, MEM's, etc.) and acoustic test development (lab, factory)
- BS in EE or Physics or related field (or equivalent industry experience)
- Understanding of design, testing, algorithm prototyping as well as algorithm and audio chain prototyping and demo's
- Experience in audio speech quality testing, optimization and tuning (using B&K or ACQUA)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.