The Audio Tech Team brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We operate on aggressive, fixed timelines to ship products at scale. Our products define new categories that advance Meta's mission to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.We seek an Audio and Acoustic Lab Manager to join our Audio Experience Team. In this role, you will maintain, track, and coordinate product and prototype testing, and competitive benchmarking. You will manage and train technical staff. You will work collaboratively across software, hardware, and user experience teams. As part of a large audio community across Meta, your test procedures and data management will ensure easy data sharing across various teams. Creating clear, easy to follow documentation and plans will form consistency across product development teams and lab locations. This creates a scalable ecosystem that supports company growth. The goal within the labs is to enable game changing innovation by providing both an automated environment that minimizes repetitive testing and setup inefficiencies, and a safe environment for experimenting.
Audio and Acoustic Lab Manager Responsibilities:
- Conduct product benchmarking, design validation, and data collection, manage and train technicians on these tasks
- Manage consistent test, data collection, and reporting procedures, contribute to development of automation and lead test sequence design reviews
- Develop new test solutions and execute studies for audio technology innovation
- Coordinate end-to-end system validation testing and data collection aligned with product schedules
- Take care of lab bandwidth to support company growth, communicate future needs, both equipment and resources, for planning and budgeting
- Manage contractors and vendors to complete SOW projects, track equipment setup and calibration
- Maintain upkeep and lab cleanliness
- Track team equipment checkout
- Support product and audio technology demo setup
- Effective communication, documentation, and presentation skills
- Familiar with Klippel diagnostics tools
- Project, team, or facility management experience
- Fluent with Audio Precision, Listen Inc Soundcheck, BK HATS, oscilloscope, and multimeters
- Experience with scripting languages for audio (e.g. MATLAB, Python, Max)
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with audio hardware testing
- Experience with laser displacement and vibrometery measurement (Keyence/Polytec).
- Experience in Acoustics and Consumer Audio EE Architecture.
- Knowledge or interest in hearing science and psychoacoustics to better understand testing results.
- Experience developing audio algorithm test and validation.
- Knowledge of Music or Speech Enhancement Audio algorithms.
- Experience with ITU, 3GPP, MS Teams, and other test standards and methodologies.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.