*This role is located in Wentzville Missouri
In this role, you will have responsibilities for the implementation and execution of the established business plan for an area of the production operations and champion an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation. You will hold supervisory responsibility for a small/medium group of employees involved in plant production. Work is of a technical nature using independent judgment within the limits of GMS; focusing on Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost, and Environment (SPQRCE). Possess the ability to deal with complex problems.
The Launch Electrical Diagnostician is a key position to support the plant in achieving electrical first time quality (EFTQ) glidepath during vehicle program launch. The primary responsibility is supporting electrical end of line (EOL) repair process. This role will collect data and information to help resolve the ongoing issues impacting EFTQ during launch.
Additional Job DescriptionBasic Skills Required
- Be a member of the plant's Electrical Team - an integrated, technical organization consisting of members from Manufacturing, Quality, Supplier Quality and Product Development organizations focused on problem solving the plant's top external and internal quality problems. Report to the Lead Launch Electrical Coordinator within that team.
- Lead electrical troubleshooting efforts for the launch team, focusing on top-hitting EFTQ issues, using statistical problem solving and strategy-based diagnostics.
- Create actionable items from electrical failures to enable issue documentation and follow up. Leads corrective action plans.
- Complete required training at various sites around GM and suppliers. (Travel is required in this role )
- Lead electrical disconnect workshop during launch to develop database for repair faults (knowledge based repair systems) in Global Standard Inspection Process (GSIP).
- Support Final Process Repairmen regarding training, troubleshooting vehicle issues, repair root cause entry into GSIP, Service Information schematic and other issues, Plant repair diagnostic tool (GDS2/MDI), and reporting systems.
- Conduct training of vehicle electrical systems for Team Leaders so they can support their Team Members
- BS Electrical, Automotive Technology/Automotive Engineering Technology required
- Knowledge of CAN, LIN and Ethernet protocols
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Hands on electrical/electronic repair experience (crimp, splice, depin/repin, soldering)
- Automotive OBD II / CAN Bus interface familiarity
- Familiarity with and skilled in the use of electronic test equipment
- Ability to understand electrical schematics.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.Preferred Skills
- Minimum of 3 years automotive vehicle diagnostics system development experience.
- ASE certification or similar
- Previous OEM and automotive experience
- Proficient in one or more relevant programming languages
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.