We have retained Marlin Hawk to support this search - Direct inquires/applications should be addressed to email@example.com
Humana's target destination is to modernize our technology infrastructure and operations to embrace the public cloud and reduce our legacy on-premise data center environment. The chosen Executive will lead our Infrastructure Operations organization of over 500 employee/contractor resources through this transformation. This leader will be point for the decommissioning of our on-premise data centers and leading the team through the change effort to prepare them to be successful in the public cloud.
- Provide the vision, plan and governance to lead the organization technology, process and talent from Humana on-premise data centers to cloud
- Lead the organization to focus on fast and cost-competitive delivery through software controlled infrastructure, open technologies and agile infrastructure.
- Promote and enable rapid adoption of emerging technologies; consolidated infrastructure, realistic test environment for new technologies and upgrades of existing equipment.
- Reduce risk, cost, and complexity due to end-of-life infrastructure. Develop a continuous process to identify and remedy EOL, ensure no critical transactions on EOL equipment and maintain reliable asset management systems.
- Make key decisions and suggestions for the use of open source technology and drive the change necessary to keep Humana on the leading edge
- Using the Agile model and other processes and tools, establish effective inroads between the business and technology development teams. Instill confidence, cohesiveness, and shared ownership.
- Establish instant credibility in the ability to lead to scale while driving complex, innovative technology solutions that embrace the firm's push in digital innovation, cloud technologies and big data initiatives.
- Run and build a technology organization that is truly dedicated to the service of the development teams, a facilitator in getting new solutions up and running at a fast pace. An internal customer service mindset.
- Provide advice and counsel to senior leaders in both the business and IT on optimal technology options and solutions.
- Oversee day-to-day management of core technology platforms and operations across all lines of business; manage all infrastructure services for critical systems; and ensure business operations meet business functional and continuity requirements.
- Assess and advise on the potentiality and relevance of emerging technologies to enhance IT platforms and infrastructure to better meet the organization's evolving business requirements. Keep the pace at "one step ahead".
- As a senior technology operations leader, ensure high-performance by attracting, engaging and retaining highly-qualified individuals to achieve business objectives and optimization of accountability.
- Work closely with the business and technology to champion the technology agenda.
- Collaborate with LOB CIOs to identify opportunities to advance business and technical capabilities.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or a similar field required
- MS or higher in an engineering discipline is preferred
- Proven success as a Senior Technology Executive leading delivery of infrastructure services.
- Demonstrated experience in technically complex environments: diversity and complexity in the number of technologies (e.g. distributed, storage, network, datacenter) & vendors managed (e.g. open source, traditional enterprise, outsource providers, etc.).
- Previous cloud transformation experience in a F500 company
- Management and leadership of large technology organizations of at least 500 FTEs (employees & contractors)
- Budget responsibility > $100M
- Hands on experience in a multi-vendor environment is required
- Experience with partnering the IT Service Management function
- Ability to develop action plans with work estimates as part of IT projects
- Have worked with a high-availability systems environment
- Ability to solve critical production issues when required
- Ability to apply the principles of analytical and critical thinking skills and other professional practices to diagnose or define problems, collect data and solve abstract problems with widespread unit or organization impact
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Prior management or team lead experience