A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Senior Associate Scientist will evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others, and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Provide technical oversight of the large-scale extraction team at the Dekalb facility
- Perform root cause analysis
- Trouble shoot natural extractive processes
- Write new protocols and or procedures
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates
Who you are:Basic Qualifications:
- Lift / push / pull up to 50lbs
- Work 12-hour rotational shift schedule
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or related life science discipline
- 2+ years of life science manufacturing or industrial manufacturing experience
- 1+ year of experience working in a PSM environment
- Experience with large scale reactors, tanks, pumps, or similar mechanical equipment within a laboratory space
- Experience using software such as SAP, Mango, or Trackwise
- General knowledge of protein extraction
- Analytical techniques and equipment
- Mechanical skills
- Troubleshooting skill.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills.
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 213274
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.