A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As an associate scientist/molecular biologist within our Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) group in our Rockville, Maryland facility, your activities will support commercial biosafety testing within the organization, specifically using NGS platforms. You are responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed in the laboratory, and are required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/ documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/ industry standards. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of company testing services, technical principles and applications as they apply to your position.
Your primary responsibilities will be to provide support for the day to day operation of the facility and to contribute to the timely execution of NGS service offerings for our customers. You will liaise closely with laboratory management, bioinformatics and support staff to ensure internal and external expectations are met or exceeded. You will be responsible for performing custom and routine NGS testing in accordance with all SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP). You will be expected to lead by example and work collaboratively to advance the application of NGS in the field of biosafety testing.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: Conduct assigned testing independently within constraints of lab scheduling; Perform testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP); Maintain complete and comprehensive records for study integrity; Make detailed observations, documents results and performs data analysis; Perform peer review of assay batch/lab records to ensure Right First Time (RFT); Communicate deviations/events, progress and interim results to Study Management; Perform training of laboratory personnel as needed/assigned; May serves as a team lead.
Who You Are:
- PhD in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 1+ years of equivalent laboratory experience, or
- Master's degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 1+ years of equivalent laboratory experience, or
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 3+ years of equivalent laboratory experience, or
- Associate degree in scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 6+ years of equivalent laboratory experience, or
- 10+ years of equivalent laboratory experience
- Broad working knowledge and experience with relevant laboratory practices, techniques, equipment (including automation), materials and mathematical calculations
- Ability to contribute immediately with little training and supervision
- Experience working in a regulated environment (GMP/GLP) is critical, but may be gained on-the-job
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations, seminars, oversight of projects, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in applicable computer programs
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Multi-tasker who can handle multiple high-complexity projects at one time
- Working knowledge of experimental design
- Strong molecular biology skills, especially related to NGS
- Proficiency in the use of basic laboratory techniques, equipment and materials
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under minimal supervision
- Broad working knowledge of lab policies and assays
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214400
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.