Associate Marketing Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic digital marketing professional to join Cell Press as Associate Marketing Manager, located in our new offices in Cambridge, MA. Cell Press, a division of Elsevier, has successfully published premium brand journals in the life sciences for over 40 years, and more recently has begun to expand with launches in new disciplines. An exciting opportunity exists to join the Cell Press marketing team to help successfully launch and establish a strong brand for the latest journals in our portfolio.
As an Associate Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for executing marketing activities that support our full portfolio journals. These include the deployment of integrated marketing campaigns, creation of targeted marketing messages, execution of conference related activities, as well as reporting and analysis. This role will partner with the broader marketing team to deliver effective marketing activities that drive brand awareness, customer engagement, conversion and advocacy.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing a strong customer understanding and using qualitative and quantitative insights to inform marketing activities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Develop and implement customer-centric marketing plans informed by market trends and establish KPIs aligned to business goals.
- Plan, execute and consistently optimize multiple campaigns that run consequently and across different fields of science.
- Use quantitative and qualitative insights to develop and share benchmarks and best practices.
- Partner with brand agency to develop visually dynamic creative and messaging which is consistent with the Cell Press brand identify and apply consistently across all media.
- Leverage the latest technologies, including marketing automation tools, and be comfortable with continuous experiment, test, and learn approach.
- Collaborate with media and communications colleagues to develop compelling marketing content. Collaborate with colleagues across all departments to identify cross promotion opportunities.
- Create monthly reports for distribution to all key internal stakeholders.
- Assist with conference related activities, as well as represent Cell Press at occasional conferences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Driven by data, comfortable with experiment, test, change, and learn approach.
- Degree level (BSc/BA) education
- 2+ years experience in a marketing/science communications position.
- Comfortable with marketing analytics and some experience of tools, e.g. Adobe Analytics
- Experience social media, content marketing and media relations
- Commercial, financial, and IT awareness
- A background in science writing is desirable but not essential.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.