Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
The Legal Transformation Associate Manager is responsible to help drive peak operational performance by providing timely and high-quality support to the Legal Division.
This position will support all aspects of financial operations, including, financial management, budgeting, legal spend tracking and data analysis. This role is responsible for support on legal matter budgeting, both system and process related support, and analyzing and summarizing legal matter level budgets and spend. This role will also summarize and analyze budget and financial results data for all legal expenses, including payroll and non-payroll related expenses.
This role will support global financial reporting for Legal Division by gathering, consolidating and analyzing performance of the Legal Division. This role is also responsible for data integrity and Legal Matter level detail in the Legal Matter management and eBilling system.
This role will provide other Legal Operations support in areas, such as vendor management, technology, resource management, communications and special projects, as needed.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The Legal Transformation Associate Manager will be responsible for the following:
Legal Financial Operations
* Supporting the implementation and governance of financial management processes to achieve operational efficiency, including budgeting, spend, accrual and forecasting processes
* Ensuring compliance by law firms to the law firm management program, including (i) budget and spend management processes and data integrity for all legal matters; (ii) preparing data for relationship meetings with strategic law firms' providers; and (iii) developing data analytics and dash-boarding to track key performance indicators
* Developing metrics and tracking performance on cost savings initiatives
* Conducting monthly financial reviews at the Legal Matter detail level with members of the Legal teams
* Collaborating with outside counsel on timely invoice submission and accrual submission
* Performing monthly finance data validations
* Conducting monthly accrual process and validating accruals
* Managing the standard monthly report process for Legal leadership
* Preparing ongoing analysis of budget v spend on Legal Matter level detail
* Summarizing quarterly performance variations
* Preparing draft quarterly forecast detail
* Preparing draft plan/budget projections
* Preparing ad hoc reporting as requested
Legal Operations Support
* Supporting the Legal Transformation Senior Manager, Legal Transformation to evaluate and improve law firm performance and governing processes with outside counsel to ensuring data integrity in legal spend management system and compliance with outside counsel guidelines
* Leading certain aspects of technology implementation or governance and provide technical expertise as it relates to legal operations, as requested
* Providing Legal Operations support as requested
* Reports to Legal Transformation Lead, Assistant Director
* Works closely and collaborates with all members of the Legal teams
* Works closely and collaborates with other functions in Legal Transformation, including, Vendor Management and Technology and Innovation
* Bachelor's degree
* 5 or more years of experience in managing finance operations in an in-house Legal and IP department of a multi-national company
* Solid understanding of all types of legal matters and related budget/spend data and processes
* Deep level knowledge and experience with law department matter management and e-billing technologies
* Excellent communication (written and oral) skills, including strong presentation and executive presence
* Strong project management experience/skills
* Strong leadership and planning skills
* Strong work ethic and ability to manage large workload, multi-task and focus on critical priorities and otherwise effectively meet client needs. Ability to produce high quality work under deadline pressures.
* Team player and able to build relationships both internally and externally.
* Strong organization and teamwork skills. Detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to motivate others.
* A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism and demonstrated passion for excellence
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Astellas is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled