Posted in Education and Training
Associate Director of Corporate TrainingLocation::
The Groves CenterFull-Time/Part-Time::
Full TimePay Rate::
Minimum salary is $56,045 per year. Starting rate is determined upon education and relevant years of experience beyond the minimum requirements.Position Type::
Do you have a passion for learning and sharing knowledge with others? Are you someone who doesn't settle for getting the job done, but rather strives to exceed expectations? Are you passionate about supporting Michigan jobs and the local economy? Can others always count on you to be organized and prepared? If so, then Kalamazoo Valley may have the perfect opportunity for you!
The primary responsibility for this role is to seek opportunities to introduce Kalamazoo Valley's training model to representatives of business, industry and other organizations; respond to requests for assistance in identifying training needs and solution development; recognize learning and development trends and needs through on-going interaction and association with the business community, and conduct research and analysis to identify high quality, cost effective training solutions.
This individual will manage the training providers, develop program budgets and pricing plans; prepare quotes, and present recommendations to business and industry contacts.
The person in this role will also:
* Manage the delivery of training at company locations and at the various Kalamazoo Valley Campuses.
* Prepare contracts and agreements.
* Monitor program budget; facilitate the availability of materials, equipment and other support services.
* Evaluate the training outcomes and trainer competencies; assure registration and payment processes are completed.
* Identify training sources, faculty and consultants who represent potential providers and negotiate relationship between the trainer, Kalamazoo Valley and business client.
* Develop and maintain relationships with faculty and part-time instructors to stay abreast of available programs and expertise as it relates to the needs of business and industry and to convey the training needs expressed to Kalamazoo Valley.
* Quickly respond to customer requests via email, phone, and walk-in visits.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Research, develop, schedule and implement training seminars and open enrollment programs.
* Assist in the advertising efforts by providing marketing information and plans derived from the original research; promote the
program through contact network.
* Maintain working knowledge of available training grants, their sources, their requirements and their timelines; and assist
businesses in the application process.
* Represent Kalamazoo Valley at regional and state meetings and conferences.
A combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities. An example of this would be a Bachelor degree with two years of related experience. Prior supervisory experience required. Reliable transportation is required to drive within the state of Michigan for work related activities.
Skills and Knowledge:
Knowledge of related institutional procedures.
Knowledge of campus and community resources.
Knowledge of a variety of occupations.
Knowledge of fundamental business practices.
Skill in operating PC/PC software.
Skill in communicating with business and industry.
Skill in written and oral presentation.
Skill in developing programs to meet the needs of the community.
Skill in identifying and recruiting instruction.
Skill in e-learning platforms is preferred.
Skill in curriculum development is preferred.
Training can take place in many different environments to include manufacturing. In some cases, personal protective equipment will be necessary.Work Hours::
Standard office hours are 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday. Flexibility to accommodate customer demand is required to include early mornings and evenings when necessary.Posting Date:
03/10/2023Special Instructions to Applicants::
Please apply online at jobs.kvcc.edu
This position will remain posted until filled, however, priority consideration will be given to applications received by April 9, 2023.
As an employer, KVCC encourages, welcomes, and fosters differences because we believe that diversity makes us great. Diversity extends beyond race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, and encompasses people of all abilities, identities, circumstances, and characteristics. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity and consideration for employment; please consider joining us as we continue to enrich lives by teaching and serving our community with excellence. Prior to a job offer, candidates will be required to complete a criminal record background check. For some positions, a credit history investigation will also be required. Information gathered will be used for job-related purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law and will not result in an automatic disqualification from an employment opportunity.
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted 29 minutes ago
Sugar Grove, Illinois
Posted 29 minutes ago
*By registering with our site, you agree to our