Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director Innovation & Technology opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope of Position:
The Associate Director Knowledge and Innovation is a transformational and growth-oriented innovation role within the Astellas Pharma Global Library having accountability to build knowledge management supported technical innovations to priority business needs of Astellas global business, both scientific and commercial. This position is required to collaborate cross-functionally and across all global business areas, providing leadership in delivering content solutions to resolve specific business needs. This position will be accountable for strategy and development of Library technology that combines business needs and technological innovation by driving dynamic, customer focused virtual Library Portal development and maintenance; establishing key performance metrics, systematic analysis and actions; directing management of day-to-day operations of library systems and library technology projects, including future state planning; and, providing strategic perspective.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Develops/maintains Library's mid- to long-term systems objectives and successful implementation, contributing to function's strategic plans, including development of a Library technology roadmap.
* Provides leadership in creating and refining innovative and high impact information solutions addressing global customer needs, delivering content via RSS, XML, API, single sign-on and other technologies into customer's workstreams appropriately.
* Integrates library content and tools into business workspaces, for example, delivers content via RSS or XML to business SharePoint site(s); participates in enterprise knowledge management projects.
* Engages with cross-functional stakeholders to understand changing business needs; provides most relevant resources and tools for efficient and effective support of the business across global Astellas.
* Proposes clear actionable learnings and recommendations that directly address customer needs; pulling in broader marketplace trends/tactics or learnings; assists Information Research team in building technology capabilities to provide results including data mining/extraction, visualizations and in additional actionable manners.
* Builds/sustains strategic partner relationships with Information Systems and other key internal organizations and external stakeholders, influencing decisions.
* Leads the development and optimization of the Library Portal ensuring customer focused interface/interactions, defining requirements and standards, establishing schedules and resolving systems issues.
* Proposes best in class tool portfolio to address library staff and customer needs, including assessment of tools; awareness of similar tools in the marketplace or available within Astellas and anticipating future needs.
* Influences supplier development roadmaps, advocating for library priorities.
* Communicates key performance measures advising on trends and potential impact/next steps.
* Ensures availability of Library systems with appropriate performance. Troubleshoots and resolves outstanding performance issues.
* Stays current on functional and industry trends and initiates benchmarking efforts as appropriate. Shares knowledge with Library colleagues and stakeholders
This position will have direct impact on creating the best use of information research resources and tools and Library Portal used globally by all business functions and geographies across Astellas resulting in increased use of premium globalized resources and accelerating access to critically important resources and services (example uses: competitive intelligence, developing clinical trial protocols, deciding the location of clinical trials and safety monitoring, identifying KEEs and monitoring digital influencers).
* Interacts and influences internal and external stakeholders to leverage licensed and publicly available content targeting display of results in actionable ways
* Collaborates on enterprise knowledge management projects to leverage resource content and services
* Ensures access to compliance related literature platforms
Indirect impact on global and/or regional projects, including MA Early Stage Development, Rx+, Focus Areas, MA Core Medical Teams/Plans, Market Access, Patient Centricity and more.
* Reports to: Director, Global Library
* Peer group: Associate Director, Information Research and Training; Associate Director, Content Portfolio Management
* Collaborates internally with: global customers at all levels including Subject Matter Experts; all levels of Managers, Directors, CMT Leads and commercial leaders; also collaborates with internal partners such as IS, AIA and MA Digital Repositories
* May collaborate and/or provide oversight/management of external suppliers and consultants
* BS or BA degree in information/knowledge science, technology, science or related field or relevant experience; advanced degree preferred
* 8+ years of demonstrated success leading innovation
* Technical mindset/experience to oversee development: for example, SharePoint, SQL.
* Strategic acumen: collecting/analyzing customer needs, turning information needs into action, concept development, strategy articulation and execution
* Passion for pushing beyond what has been done to new ways of approaching ideation
* High-level communication/presentation skills; ability to inform, influence and negotiate across functions and with all organization levels
* Strong leadership -- ability to drive results, coach and develop skills with junior, mid-level and senior-level professionals
* Demonstrated financial/analytical acumen
* Strong problem-solving abilities
* Ability to manage and motivate numerous internal, cross-functional and external resources effectively conscious of both the quality and timeliness of completing work
* Extensive experience managing multiple and/or large projects
* Experience leading in a global work environment
* Master's in Library and Information Sciences, from an American Library Association accredited program or appropriate equivalent education/experience OR Master of Business Administration desired, not required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled