Associate Director Alumni Events
Job No: 523698
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department: 50010000 - AD-VP ADVANCEMENT
ASO DIR, Alumni Relations
Reporting to the Interim Director of Alumni Engagement, the Associate Director of Alumni Events will execute the strategies and tactics within the Strategic Plan to create meaningful experiences for alumni and friends, with the goal of driving membership and cultivating and stewarding donors. Additionally, this role will develop and execute strategies to ensure that all interactions will have impact and are memorable to the attendees.
Role and Responsibilities:
Alumni Events & Programs
Engagement Strategy & Planning
- Responsible for organizing coordinating and executing university-wide large-scale in-person and hybrid signature programs, UF Alumni Association Board meetings and milestone reunions that are consistent with the strategic focus and image of the University of Florida UF Advancement and the UF Alumni Association. This includes special events and varied off-site and on-campus events designed to promote both academic and non-academic activities within the University
- Responsible for the organization of and execution of alumni receptions at home and away athletic events and post-season athletic events.
- Assist with the planning, coordination and execution of Gator Club and Affiliate Group activities to develop their interest and participation in the University of Florida Alumni Association, including but not limited to Alumni Volunteer Leadership Conference and Gator Gatherings.
Collaborate with appropriate internal stakeholders to communicate, coordinate and support all events to ensure high level constituent engagement and experience, including serving as co-liaison of college/unit Alumni representatives. Collaborate with VPCE and internal teams on assigned programs to ensure high level stakeholder experience and engagement including: Communications Team on all graphic design, printing, production, and event marketing of event collateral Legal Team on contracting agreements and services with vendors Facilities Team on event production and venue management Development officers on identifying prospects at events Research and recommend appropriate sites, venues, and vendors to best support event/program initiatives, including overseeing communications with vendors and negotiating contracts. Oversee the Alumni Relations student assistant position which includes day-to-day management, education, execution and oversight of their role within signature programming efforts. Fiscal Management Responsible for staying within budget and presenting financial summaries and reports that indicate value of events (to include attendance, increase in membership, etc.). Participate in the preparation and management of the annual budget for alumni events. Create projected budget expenses and work within established budgetary guidelines for each event; ensure budget management by tracking events progress to frequently assess and analyze financial expectations. Work with outside agencies and vendors from project development through delivery, including the creation of creative briefs, project budgets and success metrics.
- Conduct comprehensive event planning, including budgeting, coordination, implementation and post-event evaluation, including budget reconciliation.
- Communicate all necessary event information to internal departments, vendors and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships and communications with constituents, including event attendees, vendors, and UF Advancement.
- Assist with the organization of alumni receptions at all home football games and post-season athletic events.
- Monitor and evaluate event operations and when appropriate consult the Interim Director of Special Events & Engagement to implement or improve procedures to enhance the overall quality and efficiency of event operations.
- Consult with VPCE Team and university internal partners on engagement strategy with large-scale in-person and virtual functions including but not limited to:
Annual Giving - Stand Up & Holler Gator Nation Giving Day campus engagement
Donor Relations - Grateful Gator Day
VPCE - President's Listening Tour
Commensurate with education and experience.
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience in alumni affairs or related field; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience in alumni affairs or related field.
The ideal candidate will possess: Bachelor's degree in events management. Prior experience in higher education event planning, public relations, marketing. Prior experience working with vendors and contracts. The ability to interact with all levels of personnel. The ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision. Strong organizational skills. Attention to detail is essential. The ability to lift up to 50 pounds is necessary, as position may require some lifting or moving of event furniture. Know how to take initiative, possess strong work ethic and demonstrate the ability to handle a diverse workload and manage various projects simultaneously. Ability to work collaboratively and a team player. Competency in problem solving. An outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency. An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms; proven success working with stakeholders; project management skills; experience in a data-driven environment; organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence and motivate others are required. Working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, WWW browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, E-mail. Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system. The ability and willingness to travel are necessary. A valid driver license and good driving record are essential.*
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and three references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required:
No Applications Close:
19 Mar 2023 To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/523698/associate-director-alumni-eventsThe University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.