Boise State University, located in Boise Idaho, the city of trees (visitboise.com) powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State, faculty benefits and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/jobs/boise-state-faculty-careers/.
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Boise State Department of Construction Management (CM) seeks to hire a full-time (9-month) tenure-track Assistant Professor, or non-tenure track faculty (Clinical Professor or Lecturer) beginning Fall 2023. The successful candidate will bring Construction Management industry expertise to our growing program and will be able to further our program's renowned success. The department enjoys an outstanding reputation within the industry and receives strong industry support, including the support of an industry advisory council. This faculty position will be primarily a teaching position with a focus on undergraduate courses. Scholarly activities will be considered for the tenure-track Assistant Professor position.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a team-oriented mindset. Faculty will be expected to participate in departmental discussions and decisions related to content, learning outcomes, and pedagogy in the program. Faculty will also be asked to mentor and advise students, participate in service activities to include working with student organizations, clubs, and competition teams, and act as a department liaison with construction industry representatives. Successful candidates will have experience in the US construction industry and be able to bring that experience to the classroom. The department is committed to offering a high-quality educational experience for students. Teaching responsibilities can span a variety of areas, please review our current course catalog and make note of courses you would be comfortable teaching, or ideas for elective courses you could add to our department. Tenure track candidates are expected to demonstrate interest and ability to pursue scholarly activities
Tenure Track Assistant Professor:
- PhD in construction management, civil engineering or a closely related field and will have some experience in industry related to design and construction
Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor:
- Master's degree in construction management, construction engineering, civil engineering, architecture, architectural engineering, or a closely related discipline or an MBA
- Combination of teaching and at least five years of US construction management and/or supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or surveying/civil engineering technology, architecture, or a closely related field AND licensure or certification in a construction related field OR Master's degree in construction management, construction engineering, civil engineering, architecture, architectural engineering, or a closely related discipline or an MBA.
- Five years of US construction management experience
- 1-3 years of teaching experience at the undergraduate level
- 5+ years of US construction industry experience
- Professional certifications or licenses related to the construction industry Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Required Application Materials:
Please apply through Boise State Career Site
- Cover letter describing your interest and qualifications
- CV or Resume
- Statement of teaching interests/teaching philosophy
- Statement of scholarly activities (Required to be considered for tenured/tenure track position)
- Contact information for three or more professional references.
This position will remain open until filled; review of applications will begin November 14, 2022.
Advertised: September 14, 2022 Mountain Daylight Time
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!