About Veolia North America
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. Please visit our website
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
This position will support the field operations which include both Field Service employees (FSR) and the Transmission and Distribution (T&D) employees for a system that serves 40,000 customers. Incumbent shall assist with the construction, maintenance and repair of the water distribution system and facilities with the end goal of safe execution of field work while providing a superior customer experience. Assist with maintaining continual improvements in the operations, maintenance and construction activities to ensure the following objectives are met: efficient work process, regulatory compliance, inventory control, safety, departmental financials, and employee development.
- Promotes and demonstrates the Company's values, vision, and mission statement.
- Promotes the company's safety culture which is to ensure each employee returns home safe at the end of the business day.
- Provide customers with safe, reliable and adequate service in the most cost effective way.
- Monitor work in progress of company forces and contractors to verify the quality of work as well as accuracy and completeness of work, reports, and invoicing.
- Provides direction and management to ensure that the field employees operate in compliance with regulations, company policies and procedures, and best practices.
- Support cross-departmental business processes (i.e. Customer Service, Engineering, Production, etc.).
- Participates in the preparation and execution of annual operating and capital plans.
- Takes lead to purchase equipment, material, tools, etc, in support of the field operations.
- Compile, monitor, interpret and manage Key Performance Indicators.
- Help with maintaining Field Service / T&D Inventory Systems.
- Management of EAM and work order management systems and departmental scheduling.
- Assists with the training and development of employees.
- Drives departmental results and demonstrates acumen of continuous improvement.
- Conduct special studies or analysis as requested by the Field Operations Superintendent.
- This role may require support for the administration of the company's on-call program and 24-hour emergency call-out duty.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- 5+ years of hands on/field experience in the construction and/or utility industry required.
- 3-5 years of management experience in the utility industry desired.
- Experience in a unionized work environment is preferred.
- Associates degree in engineering, construction management, or equivalent experience a plus, but not required.
- Excellent leadership skills including effective critical decision making and planning.
- Ability to leverage technology to improve operation efficiency.
- Strong relationship management skills both internal and external.
- Ability to multi-task to complete competing priorities.
- Good business acumen and project management skills.
- Knowledge of utility construction best practices.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle crisis incidents.
- Ability to manage and interpret data.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite, GIS etc.
- Ability to walk, sit, stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk/climb uneven surfaces.
- Ability to read, write, learn, understand, interpret, analyze, teach and develop.
- Have interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Occasional travel to other Veolia Operations for cross-training opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
This job has expired.