Bonus: $3,000, $1,500 at 3 months, $1,500 at 6 months
This position is primarily responsible for the smooth day to day functioning of the facility during scheduled shifts, and enforcing the policies and procedures of the program. It is the commitment of the program that these services are provided in a safe environment by a staff who respect the dignity and diversity of all guests. This is an exempt position.
The responsibilities of the Shelter Manager are:
- to organize, orient, instruct and supervise the Front Desk Support Staff,
- to comply with all established policies and procedures;
- to perform the duties of Front Desk Support Staff as required and
- To represent the Program Director when absent.
As an employee of ESC, CASPAR, Bay Cove your objective is to perform these tasks in a manner that best supports our mission.
Essential Functions of Position:
• Plan staff work schedule, ensuring full front desk coverage seven days a week.
• Assume on-call responsibilities two weeks per month.
• Review and evaluate Front Desk Staff work performance
• Provide on-going supervision to supervisees weekly.
• Participate in in-service trainings and educational programs
• Conduct orientation for new personnel.
• Evaluate special incidents to determine appropriate action to be taken, notify Program Director and complete Special Incident Reports.
• actively supervise bed allocation daily and review locker distribution weekly.
• Inspect facility daily for cleanliness and compliance with guests' personal property policies.
• Check the kitchen daily for cleanliness and compliance to the facility's kitchen/food service policy.
• Direct the daily examination of the building's exterior and the surrounding ground for compliance with facility health and safety policies.
• Maintain statistics and prepare monthly reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
• Read the communications log upon arrival daily.
• Follow up on any special incidents.
• Review all guests' Restrictions/Bars for final evaluation with the Program Director.
A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
Requirements for the position:
• Master's Prepared (Licensed or Licensed eligible preferred) or a minimum of 10 years' experience in social services
• A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
• A thorough knowledge of emergency shelter resources available for guests
• Must be proficient in Word and Excel
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be willing to be on call two weeks per month
• Must have shelter experience serving a vulnerable population
• Must have experience with 24/7 scheduling
• Must be able to set limits and maintain appropriate professional boundaries with guests and staff
• Experience with the disease concept of addiction and a knowledgably and compassionate view of harm reduction theory and practice.
• Ability to think creatively/brainstorm
• Ability to work in direct support while managing the shift
• Ability to interpret principles of good management and implement application of these principals in daily work
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to negotiate and resolve differences
• Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to staff and guests
• Ability to articulate and communicate ESC, CASPAR, Bay Cove's mission in a consistent manner,
• Ability to function under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Must be flexible with schedule
• A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
This job has expired.