Job ID: 306899
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
This role will report to the North Controller and will act as the business partner to drive financial and operational performance of the operations. This is a strategic role within the organization that is expected to influence business decisions made in the organization. The ideal candidate will enjoy being hands-on, managing a multi-location team, working strategically with operational leadership and implementing processes and procedures.
In this role, the Assistant Controller will oversee various accounting functions of the multi-site operations, including accounts payable support, customer billing, cost & revenue accounting, payroll, and associated analysis and reporting. The assistant controller will evaluate and make improvements to our accounting processes while ensuring that practices comply with organization accounting policies and applicable laws and regulations.
Key Role Specific Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Manage day to day accounting function and the team for the Great Plains Operations.
- Responsible for the timely Month End Close and fulfilling reporting requirements
- Support the General Manager and other functional leaders with business decision
- Support M&A activities and integrations
- Oversee the Capex spend for the Area and support capex process
- Perform financial Modeling, drive monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process
- Improve costing process of the operations (Cost Estimating, BOMs, Inventory Controls)
- Implement and enforce financial controls in the operations compliance with SOX
- Use financial data, production data, and other information to influence decisions and control costs in our business operations.
- Travel requirement 15%
Critical Leadership Competencies
- Prior Plant / Manufacturing Operation experience
- +$50m P/L responsibility
- Working at a business partner capacity
- Budgeting, forecasting and financial statement preparation
- Experience in manufacturing cost and variance analysis
- Experience in developing and implementing Financial Processes and controls
- Prior experience in ERP system implementation at an operating site - is a plus
- Change Agent & Driving Results
- Fact Based Management & Decisiveness
- Coaching & Developing others
- Leadership Communication
- Process Management
- Team Building
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Advanced Degrees, CPA, CMA certifications as a plus
- 5+ years of experience
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Elgin Nearest Secondary Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
Chemical Engineer, ERP, Engineering, Technology
This job has expired.