Do you enjoy troubleshooting machinery? Are you looking to grow your mechanical skills? Please consider joining our manufacturing team at Ball Metalpack! Our pay starts at $22.51 per hour, and additional pay is offered for off-shift work!
Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America. Previously part of Ball Corporation, we're a newly formed company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions. Come join our 1300 team members in one of our 10 locations across the U.S. heartland.
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for safe performance of the work assignment.
- Must be available to work night shift, 12-hours on a 3-4-4-3 schedule.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots machinery and tooling. Ensures that parts and tooling are in accordance with instructions, prints, and work orders. May be required to make drawings or sketches of parts to be made or repaired.
- Proficient in the use of all shop equipment to install, maintain, and troubleshoot machinery and tooling.
- Interprets drawings, calculates, and determines indices, tapers, and other dimensions to be used for part(s), working raw materials into finished dimensions with exact tolerances per print.
- Performs layout work as required.
- Receives tools and paperwork; establishes and maintains logbooks.
- Selects, grinds, and adjusts tools ensuring correct speeds and feed rates of tooling for efficient machining. Ensures that parts and tooling are in accordance to precision requirements for both tolerance and finish.
- Sets up and operates machine tools, lathes, and grinders.
- Performs dismantling, fitting or assembly work required for maintenance of production equipment.
- Repairs and maintains all assigned machines and equipment including preventative maintenance.
- Performs organizational duties including maintaining an organized and clean work area.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Performs welding and heat treating as needed.
- May monitor supply conditions and informs management as necessary.
- May provide support for plant facilities maintenance.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
At Sonoco Metal Packaging, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including competitive pay and benefits package options that include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays to recreate and rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- A variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement plan
Sonoco Metal Packaging is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."