Technetics Group is a leading designer and manufacturer of custom engineered mechanical seals for rotating shafts and precision components for aerospace and specialized industrial applications. Technetics Group is a division of is one of six operating divisions of Enpro Industries, Inc.
Follow engineered process sheets, drawings, and quality-specifications to assemble and test mechanical seals and/or aerospace subassemblies. Prepare products and documentation assisting in all job functions for shipment and receipt of our products.
TECHNICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform all assemblies, sub-assemblies or completion of components as assigned. Carry out Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) such as load, vacuum, and flow checks on mechanical seals and various assemblies using prescribed measuring instruments, equipment, and testing devices. When necessary, rework products including replacement of components, lapping, polishing, and cleaning to achieve acceptance requirements.
- Performs part identification process utilizing laser, electro-chemical etching, vibro peening or stamping. Work from assembly drawings and specifications. Recognize defective or damaged parts, incorrect sizes, faulty workmanship, etc.
- Complete first piece inspection reports as required per routing.
- Use assembly fixtures, hand, and hydraulic press, etc., as required by type of assembly. Ensures parts are clean prior to assembly and when necessary, operates an ultrasonic cleaning unit.
- Package finished assemblies in compliance to instructions detailed on your process routing or computer database.
- Create shipping paperwork, including export documentation, utilizing the ERP system and various customer portals.
- Prepare products and other items for shipment following established procedures for packaging, crating, boxing, bundling, wrapping, strapping, and labeling.
- Inspect freight upon arrival, document any signs of damage, and resolve freight claims in a timely manner.
- Verify receipt of purchased goods from suppliers, locate product, process paperwork and complete all necessary MRP transactions according to established procedures.
- Pick parts and products from appropriate inventory locations in specified quantities as necessary to fill orders by following established procedures.
- Operate lift trucks and other equipment to move parts to proper locations and load and unload freight trucks as necessary.
- Properly identify and locate all parts according to established procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in assembly is a plus.
- Prior experience in shipping and receiving is a plus.
- Ability to correctly interpret process routings, process specifications, drawings dimensions and views. Understanding to obtain help for more complex Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) callouts on the drawing.
- Basic tool and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to perform basic shop math.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and navigating web-based customer interfaces
- Ability to lift 35 pounds without assistance.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing process associated with the machining of metal
- Experience supporting component assembly processes
- Strong analytic skill, problem solving tools/methods, Lean tools, standardized Work, 5S, TPM, etc. Methodically work to establish root cause of process variation
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite, ERP systems, etc.
- Flexibility to work off shift to accommodate Production support needs.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities Safety
- Safety at Technetics Group is a commitment to every employee as we strive to provide maximum safety to all employees in the Harwood Heights location and every division of EnPro Industries.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group. Work Opportunity:
Technetics Group will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Technetics Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This job has expired.