Assembles materials and products manually by performing the following duties list below.
- Always maintains housekeeping standards.
- Performs sanding, polishing, cleaning, assembly and packing job tasks as assigned
- Flexible to work on all packing/assembly operations
- Required to read and follow assembly schedule, write tickets and make labels.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Properly utilize the appropriate tools of the MOS to gather and report results accurately.
- Supervision of the work process for his/her assigned shift in accordance with MOS.
- Interprets company policies to employees and enforces safety regulations. Teaches policies to all shift personnel. Tests, measures and documents understanding of each employee of company policy.
- Guide, develop and coach Area Supervisor personnel within their assigned shift.
- Teach shift and department work process to each employee. Maintain the correct S.O.P.'s for the work process
- Maintain open and clear lines of communication between shifts to ensure effective transfer of information.
- Confers with other Shift Managers to coordinate activities of individual departments
- Establishes, adjusts, and document work procedures to meet production schedules. Identify and develop action plans to remove obstacles that prevent the productive completion of the work process
- Leads and participates in team projects as directed by mandate to improve production output, equipment performance, and quality of product (wasted material, labor and process time).
- Demonstrated leadership style must be ethical, professional and enhancing to process and employees.
- Directly supervises Area Supervisors, indirect and direct personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting, walking, standing, bending at the neck, bending at the waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, twisting at the waist, repetitive use of hands, simple grasping, power grasping, pushing and pulling, reaching above and below the shoulder, carrying/lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Working around equipment and machinery
- Walking on uneven ground
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals
- Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment
- Walking on uneven ground
- Risk of exposure to bio-hazard while working such as: bloodborne pathogens, sewage, hospital waste, etc. (first responder in case of an accident)
- Safety glasses
- Utility gloves/cutting gloves
- Steel-toe slip-resistant shoes, leather top/slip resistent shoes
- Hearing protection (e.g. ear plugs, ear muffs)
- Face shields
- Face covering (mask) in accordance with company policy.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience - Less than high school education; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with employees of organization. Ability to communicate effectively, orally. Able to communicate in Spanish.
Technical ability - Mut possess basic computer skills; AS400/LXE required.
Other skills - Must be a good team player, self-motivated and open-minded. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, meet and maintain high quality work standards, and adapt quickly to new projects/assignments. Must be able to work any shift as needed.
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.