Job ID: 306980
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top five ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
ASPHALT PLANT LABORER - Knoxville, TN
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential to the asphalt plant crew. Member will assist in all jobs pertaining to keeping the asphalt plant running at normal efficiency levels.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Attendance required according to Company Attendance Policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Assist plant crew with various duties such as shoveling, loading equipment and general maintenance and upkeep of plant.
- May be required to use power and/or hand tools such as shovel, rake, hammer, saw, pneumatic hammer/drill, tamps (both manual and power driven), sledge hammer and other tools associated with laborer.
- Dig, spread and level construction materials.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks at plant.
- Physical ability to operate equipment under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- Ability to communicate effectively to insure all plant personnel understand what is expected and what needs are lacking.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes.
- Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to work at heights up to 90 feet wearing appropriate PPE to perform maintenance or repair to plant components (ex: silo, drag slats, traverse, bag house, elevators, batch towers, drum/mixer, conveyors) utilizing ladders, stairs, manlifts and catwalks.
- Ability to adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company.
- Requires riding to and from plants. If operating company vehicle, employee must meet Driver Qualification Standard.
- Ability to use power and/or hand tools needed to complete jobs within specifications.
- Ability to practice safety standards per Company Safety Policy requirements.
- Ability to operate or initiative to learn to operate equipment and learn additional skills required at an asphalt plant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical ability to perform maintenance on plant under extreme temperatures and for extended hours of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders to top of plant/silo.
- Uses tools such as sledge hammer, wrenches, screwdrivers, cutting torch, welder, pneumatic hammer/drill, sand blaster, pipe wrench.
- Job requires the following motions: climbing, stooping stretching, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, walking, standing, reaching and squatting
- Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. while using proper lifting techniques.
- Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- High school education of GED preferred but not required.
- Experience running a loader preferred but not required.
- Basic electrical/mechanical skills preferred but not required
- Previous experience in construction field is preferred
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Plant, Laborer, Electrical, General Labor, Labor, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations
This job has expired.