RL is currently seeking a visionary Art Director to work with team leaders to establish and communicate a cohesive vision for our avatar platform's features. Ideal candidates will demonstrate a passion for AR/VR technology, character art, machine learning, and hands-on development skills to tackle our most ambitious problems.
Art Director | Avatars Responsibilities:
- Establish a unified artistic direction, vision, and high production standard in the creation of AR/VR avatar based experiences across various platforms
- Push the boundaries of how characters and humans are represented in digital form
- Work closely with engineers to explore foundational digital character and human 3D pipelines
- Lead in the collaborative development of conceptual artwork, models, style guides, sketches, storyboards and project pitches which define and convey your artistic vision
- Communicate art direction goals at an executive level with both internal and external partners
- Manage expectations for key stakeholders across RL regarding the execution of quality AR/VR character based experiences and content
- Partner with the management team to create project pitches and actionable production plans
- Regularly meet with art leads to define art quality standards
- Provide Inspiration to art staff and facilitate training opportunities to develop all art disciplines
- Oversee all art hiring, training, managing, development & resourcing
- Build a strong understanding of AR/VR experiences and coach others in successful execution in that space
- Assist in building a predictable schedule with production and cross-functional partners
- Demonstrated decision making & communication skills
- Portfolio of stylized character work
- Experience leading a team and collaborating with senior and executive level leadership teams
- Hands-on experience with 3D workflows as a generalist, character artist, or art director
- 3D portfolio demonstrating an understanding of anatomy and the human form
- AR/VR experience
- Experience creating character creation pipelines and flows
- Experience working with machine learning data and pipelines
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.