Responsible for monitoring, directing, motivating, and reporting safety and quality aspects of the packaging line and the general work area using the M.O.S. guidelines. Lead and coordinate activities of personnel assigned in the operating of injection molding machines, secondary equipment and packaging process as well as assembly operation of any and all products as required. Reviews the schedule daily and formulates a plan to complete the schedule in the required time.
- Lead an assigned group of employees and provide clear and concise assignment of work to employees, (planned quantities based upon standards).
- Perform follow-up and resolution of all plan variances. During the shift and post shift follow-up.
- Provide feedback to the employees as a group or individually on the status of an action plan brought to his/her attention by an employee (team building) (follow-up).
- Before the start of work, Area Lead will review with injection personnel the previous day's results (safety, quality, productivity) give direction regarding the current day goals and priorities.
- Communicate with forklift operator, warehouse personnel and material handlers to ensure timely delivery of all necessary supplies to be available and that the required personnel have all tools, equipment and supplies required on the line.
- Make all labels and print all instructions sheets needed for scheduled orders.
- Monitor and ensure all employees are working safely and following all safety regulations.
- Provides timely feedback regarding observations of policy and/or procedure violations.
- Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Walks through the facility to verify status and visually checks for facility and/or equipment damage at the beginning and end of work day.
- Perform daily Prism transaction required for recording and tracking of production.
- Trains injection personnel in performing requirements of job per established guidelines as directed by the Shift Manager.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Responsible to maintain a clean and safe work area. Will work with other shifts to resolve housekeeping issues.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
- May also be required to perform the duties of packaging personnel if needed to support production department therefore should know the pre-required duties, responsibilities and skills of that position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be required to perform the following:
- Constant walking, standing, reaching below shoulder lever, lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent twisting at the neck and/or waist, repetitive use of hands for simple and power grasping, lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional sitting, bending at the neck and/or waist, squatting, use of hands for fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching above shoulder level, lifting/carrying up to 50lbs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of an ERP system, I.E. Prism, Intermec, and/or AS400 system
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Ability to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing. Complete reports, comprehend instructions, and communicate effectively via emails. Speak effectively in front of groups of people, coworkers and suppliers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with difficult situations; find resolutions, escalate and communicate situations to Shift Manager.
- ERP system experience with Prism, Intermec, and/or AS400 system
- Bilingual in Spanish.
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.