The Architecture Modeler designs, develops, enhances, and implements comprehensive architectural models to capture all relevant features and behaviors of the agency's systems and their components. They will participate in the design of software tools and subsystems to support reuse and domain analysis. The Architecture Modeler will be responsible for interpreting software requirements and design specifications to develop modeling requirements from a project's inception to its conclusion. Performs additions, changes, optimizations to the existing architecture model. They will be required to troubleshoot production problems related to software applications. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products based on client requirements. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools. Participates in managing the Enterprise Architecture practice and in defining the Technical Architecture, including the identification and implementation of appropriate methodologies, standards, governance structures, processes, and tools to further the Enterprise Architecture.
The Architecture Modeler should have the following skills:
* Expertise with modeling software for architecture and data modeling
* Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
* Ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
* High-level coding skills.
* Ability to solve complex software issues
* Excellent writing and oral communication skills
* Must be able to articulate technical issues clearly and concisely
* Must be proficient with office tools (at a minimum, MS Word, Excel, Visio)
* Ability to work on multiple, deadline-driven projects in a collaborative environment
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Supports the creation, monitoring and evaluation of the outcomes associated with technology prototypes.
* Supports the development, integration, configuration management, and publishing of Enterprise Architecture artifacts such as models, diagrams, documents, and databases.
* Supports and assist with Enterprise Architecture related requirements and compliance issues, including, but not limited to, Segment Architecture Methodology, Enterprise Architecture self-assessment, program reviews, and ad-hoc requests. Works with engineers on systems integration efforts.
* Assists with alignment to the Technical Architecture across releases and provide SELC Gate Review Reports.
* Supports target architecture transition activities by documenting required tasks and interrelationships.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree or higher and 5 years of related experience
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate working knowledge with several of the following concepts or technologies:
* Architectural frameworks such as DODAF and TOGAF
* Architectural and data modeling
* Cameo MagicDraw or similar architectural modeling tool
* Erwin Data modeler or similar data modeling tool
* JSON/XML schema definition and definition of web services, using tools such as Altova XML Spy or Eclipse
* Modeling architecture or designing solutions for cloud-based systems
* Desired experience in programming
* Database systems
* Data modeling
* UML modeling
* XML and its use in information exchange frameworks, such as NIEM
* Cloud or Web technologies
* Microsoft Word
* Microsoft Excel
* Candidate must be a US Citizen
* Candidate must possess DHS Suitability background investigation or be eligible to qualify for DHS Entry of Duty background investigation followed by DHS Public Trust Clearance
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
Computer World Services is an affirmative action and equal employment opportunity employer. Current employees and/or qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Computer World Services is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Computer World Services will ensure that individuals with disabilities (IWD) are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Aaron McClellan in Human Resources at
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our