JOB DESCRIPTIONNew business development for end user regional accounts. Develop and maintain relationships with senior executives at key distributors, resellers and key accounts. Network with industry professionals and trade groups. Conduct regular customer visits with key customers with a focus on delivering on agreed upon improvements. Maintain customer accounts through CRM management. Provide customers with aquatic coating technical help. (Pools, splash pads, etc.) Teach technical training to industry professionals. Responsible for year over year sales growth and budget management. Complete large RFP's for future jobs and develop professional presentations. Forecasting product and key customer demand and regular business updates to strategic business manager. QUALIFICATIONS
Modern Recreational Technologies (MRT), a division of RPM Inc., is seeking an experienced, motivated Aquatic Sales Development and Technical Consultant that will support customers under the brands Ramuc Specialty Aquatic Coatings and Tuff Coat Rubberized Non-Skid Coatings. This customer facing position will focus on current customers, new business acquisitions, and coating technical support. The position will report to the Strategic Business Manager.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Experience and Education Required
- High school diploma required
- 5+ years of previous sales consultant experience in the aquatic, pool, and waterpark coatings industry or similar
- 4-Year college degree preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Networking proficiency
- Ability to present professional concise business proposals and presentations
- Business and financial acumen
- Experience with coating applications and large job site management
- Previous experience in aquatic, pool, and waterpark coatings industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce (CRM)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are necessary
- Sales development and technical consultant thinking and rationalization.
Not required PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The job requires frequent (75%) travel to customers, which includes the necessity for overnight travel considerations. Due to the travel requirement candidates should be comfortable with extended driving time to customer site. Typical job requirements would include the ability to lift to 50 lbs. and perform hands on applications of technical coatings in environments that could require regular long hours on their feet, stretching, bending or kneeling. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment for this position varies widely based on the customer segment and business goals. Settings can range from office to on-site business meetings. Candidates should be comfortable in a variety of business settings. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI)
- Strategic Services pipeline value
- Annual New contract business value
- Gross Profit targets
- CSI scoring
- Business objective targets
Modern Recreational Technologies "MRT" is the industry leader specializes in developing advanced coatings, additives, and services to support the recreational market segment. MRT has a rich history of developing excellent technology and providing exceptional customer service to our customers. The team at MRT is comprised of exceptional, passionate individuals who love the outdoors and are dedicated to creating solutions that maximize the recreational time our customers work hard to enjoy.