The Meta Apprenticeship program is a 20-month commitment. We are seeking an individual interested in working systems technology and automation. This innovative role will have two components: Providing front-line IT support to Meta employees (as detailed above). Proving and gaining confidence in creating automation and managing machines in an automated environment.Meta's Enterprise Operations organization is launching an apprenticeship program focused on building Coding, Linux, and Networking talent within our organization and across Meta. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to provide support to our employees while working through a 20-month apprenticeship. The support function will be located at one of our Helpdesks. Over the course of 20-months, Systems Apprentice Techs will get the chance to grow their knowledge through curriculum and practical execution. This is an incredible opportunity to gain corporate work experience and experience in the field of systems engineering and infrastructure automation. Successful candidates will be led through a series of labs and exercises and projects building real world experience with these skills. The final trimester of the program will include a rotation with one of our engineering teams based on availability.
Apprentice Systems Tech Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot or escalate issues as appropriate, in a timely manner ensuring clear and effective communication throughout the cycle of support, providing end-user assistance where required until the issue has been resolved.
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer focus and collaborative working for incidents and problems that are presented and escalated, as well as when necessary, being the first point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing mobile devices and application system environment (whether locally at the Helpdesk or remotely).
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of trouble tickets as you grow your knowledge of IT procedures, products, and services.
- Using performance reporting and user analysis to identify appropriate user training initiatives to ensure the highest levels of knowledge and adoption of technology in relation to the software and systems that Meta utilizes.
- Act as a stakeholder for driving enhancements and improving support for all EE.
- Drive internal communication and priority within the business and Meta headquarters to ensure consistency across the EE Organization.
- Project manage specific IT components related to operational goals (new offices, office relocations, mergers & acquisitions).
- Available to travel to other Meta locations globally to support offices and wider EE teams.
- Observe and comply with Meta's policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and Equality and Diversity. Continually promote equal opportunities, health and safety and customer care in compliance with organizational aims and objectives.
- Provide customer service expertise that is an example to the rest of your team in how to deliver customer focused service and constantly drive improvements in the 'customer experience'.
- Travel between Regional Area offices expected.
- Experience developing and nurturing customer relationships with key business stakeholders to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for Meta.
- Experience working proficiently with minimal daily guidance.
- Experience with customer service.
- Proven relationship skills that carry across the technical spectrum.
- Experience in providing, engaging, informative, well-organized evidential feedback where required.
- 1+ years experience working with a ticketing system such as Asana, Remedy, ServiceNow, or equivalent.
- 1+ years experience in a technical support role in either a corporate or retail environment.
- An understanding of coding (Python/React/Hack preferred), Linux, and Networking.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.