Job Title: Application Support Analyst (For EMCOR Construction Services)
Reports to: ECS Director of Information Technology
Location: McLean, Virginia (Other Locations Considered)
FLSA Status: Full-Time / Exempt
Dynalectric is part of EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME), a Fortune 500® leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services for a diverse range of businesses. For 10 consecutive years EMCOR Group, Inc. has been named one of the Top 5 "World's Most Admired" Companies in the Engineering and /Construction Industry by Fortune®. Dynalectric provides support to the EMCOR Construction Services (ECS) business which is a nationwide group of 40+ electrical and mechanical companies with annual revenues of $6 billion and employs a workforce of 19,000.
For years EMCOR Group, Inc. has been the largest mechanical contractor, and the second largest electrical contractor in the United States. ECS performs projects that are up to several hundred million dollars in revenue, as well as thousands of small projects. The type of facilities built by ECS companies include hospitals, data centers, transportation and water infrastructure, power plants, hospitality/office/residential/education/institutional buildings, refineries, food processing plants, etc. ECS designs, installs and maintains high-performance mechanical and electrical systems that enable safe, effective, and high-quality lighting, electricity, security, plumbing, heating, cooling, and power generation. The Dynalectric team, located in McLean, VA, provides key support for its electrical and mechanical companies throughout the US.
The Application Support Analyst position reports to the EMCOR Construction Services IT Director and works closely with Application Support Specialists, Database Developer and the Database Administrator. This position consults with users on software functionality as well as designing, developing, and documenting SQL queries and reports. This position is based out of McLean, Virginia. However, candidates in other locations and meeting the requirements below may be considered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key areas of focus and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
Independently performs the following, but may work in partnership, as needed, with the ERP Application Administrator regarding:
- Applications support, including Vista, Keystyle, Spreadsheet Server, MSI, PowerPurchase, TTR and others for troubleshooting issues, updates & upgrades.
- Adding customization to production and sharing customization including SQL, Crystal Reports and SSRS-based tasks.
- Support OpCos with setup and configuration, security, and change management.
- New software installations and implementations.
- Work with vendors on custom projects, installations and escalated support tickets.
- Vendor Access Management.
- Application and upgrade testing, including documenting results and troubleshooting.
Independently performs the following, but may work in partnership, as needed with the Database Administrator on:
- Day-to-day management of Application Servers, SQL Servers and SQL Databases including monitoring, patching, security, and backups.
- Developing and deploying SQL Server stored procedures and scripts as needed.
- Creating specifications for customizations.
- Testing and migration of customizations from Development to Production environments
- Developing & managing custom SSRS and Power BI reports
Additional Essential Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
- Participation in weekly or as required after-hour maintenance
- Ability to travel infrequently as business needs arise. Anticipating travel to be approximately 10% of work time
The successful candidate for this role is an individual who demonstrates a high level of service, commitment and execution. The following are required characteristics, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Can work well independently and can also be an effective partner and team member
- Very strong analytical and troubleshooting abilities, high level of technical curiosity
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to and supports an organization
- Strong understanding and experience with different computing devices including smart devices
- Excellent organizational skills and self-directed, yet able to follow direction, if needed
- Able to establish priorities, work independently and accomplish objectives with minimal supervision
- Exceptional communication skills, written and oral; capable of leading meetings in a professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to read and interpret communication styles of diverse team members who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Proactive change agent skills with competent follow through
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Two years of ERP support experience. Experience should demonstrate ability to work effectively independently and/or in small teams.
- Two years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or higher.
- Two years of experience participating in the management of complex IT projects
- Experience with SQL log monitoring, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in managing SQL Server database security.
- Vista by Viewpoint and related applications
- Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer
- Solarwinds Application Monitor
- Experience with IIS 8.0
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, executive leadership, and customers within/outside of the organization.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described are representative (but not all inclusive) of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands are those associated with working in a typical office environment.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment described are representative (but not all inclusive) of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will regularly work in a typical office environment. The noise level is typical of an office setting, mild to moderate.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled