HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of data analysis, measure development, and patient satisfaction surveys. We are in search of talented individuals who are interested in furthering their career in analytic project management as an Analytics Manager II in HSAG’s Data Science & Advanced Analytics division. Together we can spread positive change to make healthcare better.
The Analytics Manager II position benefits from HSAG’s desire to grow its staff into future leaders of healthcare quality improvement in the nation. HSAG’s managers are provided formal training in an assortment of healthcare-related topics, including health policy, clinical concepts, overview of analytic methods, data sources, and management techniques.
- A comfortable work-life balance, including half-day Fridays and flexible work schedules.
- Three weeks of paid time off and 13 company-paid holidays where staff leave two hours early prior to each holiday to get a “jump start” on holiday festivities.
HSAG offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) and an employee stock ownership plan. Description
The Analytics Manager II
position is a key contributor to cutting-edge analytic work that spans the broad spectrum of healthcare data projects at HSAG. Driven by intellectual curiosity and a passion for healthcare quality, this position manages healthcare analytic projects through various stages including implementation, day-to-day management, analysis, and reporting. Activities include developing work plans and timelines; leading and overseeing project tasks; organizing and maintaining project files; leading client teleconferences and meetings; performing online research on healthcare topics; supervising and/or mentoring junior staff; and providing regular progress reports to Data Science & Advanced Analytics management staff.
Details regarding potential project assignments will be discussed with potential candidates during the interview process.Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Serve as an integral part of HSAG’s Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- Act in a liaison capacity between appropriate management personnel and staff, transmitting decisions and information to organizational units as appropriate, as well as outside agencies and organizations.
- Manage project tasks, including communication (written, phone, fax), coaching, and training.
- Communicate with project partners, subcontractors, and other entities on analytic-related projects
- Maintain, tag, and sort documents for assigned projects on appropriate Share Point team sites and HSAG’s corporate and federal networks following HSAG prescribed governance rules.
- Prepare support documents needed for project deliverables and assist with documentation and submission of deliverable using the appropriate mechanism (i.e., electronic, hard copy, direct data entry etc.).
- Develop and adhere to analytic project time and task schedules, identify opportunities to improve the project process, and develop quality improvement activities accordingly.
- Meet agreed-upon deadlines in a timely fashion and accurately prepare and type deliverables, reports, various project documents, letters, and other material from copy, rough draft, transcribing machine or other prescribed instructions.
- Develop written and data-oriented reports in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Conduct research via the Internet including literature searches of clinical topics as assigned.
- Participate in pertinent healthcare educational and training presentations as required.
- Conduct Internal Quality Control (IQC) monitoring regarding efficiency/effectiveness of activities conducted. Present issues and recommended solutions and take corrective actions as indicated.
- Assist with writing new business proposals.
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting for projects.
- Supervise and/or mentor junior staff.
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s-level training in healthcare-related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of work experience.
- At least seven (7) years of healthcare experience.
- At least seven (7) years of project coordination and/or management experience.
- Experience managing at least five (5) projects or major tasks at one time.
- At least four (4) years as a supervisor or mentor to junior staff.
- Some proposal writing experience.
- Some budget and cost proposal development experience.
- Excellent English/communication skills (i.e., spelling, composition, grammar, proofreading and editing).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience in conducting research via the Internet.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.DISCLAIMER
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212. If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
This job has expired.