Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
As part of PayPal's Corporate Affairs organization, the Product & Partnership Communications team is responsible for developing and executing strategic communications and analyst relations programs that showcase the company's ability to help businesses join and succeed in the digital and global economy. This role will report to the Senior Director of Global Communications (Omni Payments), and will partner with the rest of the team (and broader Corporate Affairs function) to advance and amplify PayPal's work with partners and businesses of all sizes supporting both communications and industry analyst relations activities.
The successful candidate will leverage strong writing and project management skills, with knowledge of executing communications and industry analyst relations programs to highlight PayPal's position as a key partner for business and marketplaces across industries. This person will have strong communications skills, knowledge within industry analyst relations, experience with employee communications content creation/distribution, be proficient in digital media (earned, paid and owned), and work collaboratively across the broader Communications team including Consumer Communications, Corporate Financial Communications, Leadership Communications, Reputation and Risk, and other communications teams. Must be based in Austin, Chicago, or Boston.
- Work with the broader Communications and Corporate Affairs organization to identify objectives for business unit; assist in the development and execution of strategic communications and analyst relation plans against those objectives.
- Align with global colleagues to ensure a single narrative and message is being highlighted in relevant markets.
- Collaborate across teams including Communications, Marketing, Product, and others to identify and support new and existing products launces to employees.
- Assist in developing programming across communications and industry analyst relations channels and the broader payments industry to raise the visibility of PayPal with employees, core audiences and decisionmakers.
- Consistently collaborate across other key Corporate Affairs teams - including but not limited to Employee Communications, Corporate Financial Communications and Government Relations - to ensure strategic integration and consistency, as well as to maximize opportunities.
- Support PayPal Employee Communications and Industry Analyst Relations team as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and support of executive leaders and partner with outside agencies, as necessary, at internal and external events.
- Minimum of five years of experience in communications or related field.
- Previous experience working across other communications/industry analyst channels/disciplines (e.g., media relations, digital/social media, events, etc.). Agency experience recommended, but not required.
- Demonstrated understanding of landscape and trends in the payments space, as well as key relationships of relevance in our space.
- Proficient in digital media and content creation/distribution.
- Strong organizational skills - ability to successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, with a strong attention to detail.
- Highly collaborative - builds strong relationships internally and externally with positive/can-do attitude.
- Entrepreneurial mindset - thinks creatively and outside the box, brings outside-in thinking to every project, and always figures out a way to get things done.
- Global orientation - experience in an international market preferred, but not required.
- Ability to think differently and create new communications tactics for employees and at external events in partnership with colleagues.
- Connection to PayPal's brand and commitment to PayPal's mission, vision and values
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A passion to further PayPal's brand and vision of democratizing financial services.
- Position to be based in Austin, Chicago, or Boston
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Austin, Omaha, Remote Massachusetts, ScottsdaleWe're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
This job has expired.