Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Delivering on the regulatory requirements for PayPal México, S. de R.L. de C.V., this position is responsible for supporting the Mexico MLRO in developing, maintaining and overseeing PayPal México, S. de R.L. de C.V.'s Anti Money Laundering (AML) Program in coordination with the Global Head of AML. This role will drive a data-driven and risk-based approach that meets both the PayPal global framework and all local regulatory requirements. This position will report to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer of PayPal México, S. de R.L. de C.V.
- To support the Global AML/CTF Risk Assessment process and conduct local financial crime risk assessments, as required.
- In conjunction with Global AML Policy, support the review and update of AML/CTF policies, procedures, and other governance documentation.
- To stay apprised of AML/CTF regulatory changes and conduct gap analyses to understand policy or process impacts.
- To support the MLRO during annual internal or external audits, exams, and develop remediation plans, as required. Facilitate issue, incident, and breach management process and execute or support remediation of issues.
- To ensure timely AML reporting and escalation of significant issues to management and/or other relevant stakeholders.
- To provide AML advisory to various areas of the company including product, technology, and operational support areas. Review and support suspicious matter reporting, Politically Exposed Person, and other high-risk customer escalations.
- To support the preparation of regular reporting to Global and local stakeholders related to the AML/CTF Program including operational, trend and risk metrics, and issue management.
- To support the development and delivery of financial crime training courses, including the annual assessment of training needs and job specific training.
- To support the alignment of the local program against Global policies, standards and expectations.
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships across global, operational, and functional staff supporting PayPal México, S. de R.L. de C.V.
- Knowledge of global financial institutions, money service business, and/or banking compliance, including significant knowledge of anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism financing, and due diligence practices (e.g., AML/CTF, CIP/KYC/ECDD, SMRs, Sanctions/OFAC, AB&C, and/or financial crime investigations).
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a large organization including demonstrated leadership in building AML Programs.
- Familiarity with the regulatory engagement process, including the regulatory exam process and expectations.
- Ability to navigate across multiple geographies, and functions that reside both in and outside Mexico.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate complex matters quickly in an accurate, clear and simple manner.
- Ability to analyze regulatory risks in complex business processes, and recommend controls to mitigate those risks.
- High energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment, and cross functionally with operations and technology functions.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Partnership - organizational awareness, engages widely with peers and seniors across PayPal.
- Innovate - leads effectively in a dynamic, fast-changing environment; challenges convention.
- Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts in PP Business Units, and Regional and Global Compliance teams.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to problem-solve, attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects and track/meet deadlines while ensuring a high level of quality output.
- Effective project management experience, including leadership in the development and execution of project plans and reporting.
- High energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the desire to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to learn quickly, manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously with sound judgment, flexibility, and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly
- Ability to take ownership and proactively work with relevant teams to resolve issues.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America
Chandler, OmahaWe're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
This job has expired.