What you will do:
The Monitoring Center Associate is responsible for handling all incoming alarm signal activities and taking appropriate action per instruction. Including video surveillance and monitoring of security equipment on-site at military facilities. The associate will also make outbound calls in order to dispatch Police/Fire Departments regarding alarm activities while following standard operating procedures. This role requires heavy phone work as well as taking verbal instructions, typing, reading, speaking and writing.
Location: Kansas City, MO office (7805 ME 97th Terrace)
Shift: 2nd shift, Thursday-Monday (Tuesdays and Wednesdays off). Must be able to work 2:30pm - 11:00pm CDT
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
How you will do it:
* Resolve operational, customer service and/or employee issues.
* Operate all call center equipment and peripheral equipment.
* Interact with external and internal customers via telephone, email and in person.
* Promote a positive customer service atmosphere.
* Initiate necessary action when irregular signals are received or trouble develops.
* Work with outside repair technicians, guards, etc. to ensure that signals are received properly and that circuits and signaling devices are restored to normal operation.
* Notify appropriate authorities and customers if alarm signal is received.
* Must be able to adhere to standard operating procedures and special instructions.
* Respond quickly and precisely to incoming phone calls.
* Document all alarm activity and subscriber phone calls via PC and activity reports.
* Other duties as assigned.
What we look for
* U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance. Active clearance or one that was active within the last 2 years preferred
* High School Diploma or GED
* At least one year of customer service experience; in a call center environment preferred.
* Professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Intermediate computer knowledge including Microsoft Windows.
* Able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
* Comfortable handling potential emergency situations.
* Able to type a minimum of 25 words per minute.
* Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and detail orientation.
* Successful completion of training module (minimum 80% accuracy).
* Associates or Bachelor's Degree
* Law enforcement, emergency dispatching, or criminal justice background
* Experience working with DoD Masterminds software
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of JCI, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100 years, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military installations worldwide. With the largest portfolio of building technologies and solutions in the world, the Johnson Controls team is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, utility savings, fire, and security projects at various federal and military sites around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our "take a journey" video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)