Title - Senior Agile Coach (2 Open Positions, Flexible Work Arrangement Available)
Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far-reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As an agile coach, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
Job Summary: Quest Diagnostics is looking for a Senior Agile Coach to join the Strategy and Digital Transformation group to mentor and coach the Portfolio and Program level of scaled Agile teams and participate in defining practices and processes to be rolled out to broader the organization. This role will be responsible for coaching one or more Agile Release Trains at the Portfolio/Program levels. This role will also be responsible for managing junior coaches and/or Release Train Engineer(s). In addition, this position is required to ensure effective adoption of practices for program execution and the ongoing development of high performing agile teams while building a culture of continuous improvement. Effective mentoring and development of different Agile roles across multiple areas within the organization. Responsible for actively contributing to the organization's Agile transformation goals, roadmap, and implementation strategy. You will partner with Executives and Sr. Leaders to work on cultural change aspects and mentor them to align on transformation strategies that promote the adoption of Lean/Agile mindsets and ways of working. Also, fostering collaborative partnerships required for training and coaching; develop relationships that support organizational agility.
• Responsible for coaching and mentoring different parts of the organization to evolve and support needed in standing up high performing Agile Programs - Agile release trains and/or individual Agile teams
• Uses influence as Agile thought lead to create and foster an adaptive experimental mindset across all levels of the organization.
• Responsible for aligning to strategies of agile methodologies and being an active participant in ongoing development of agile capabilities across different functional areas
• Responsible for the development and execution support of Agile transformation strategies within different Portfolio and/or Programs
• Facilitates problem-solving workshops to identify potential solutions to opportunities and problems identified at the Portfolio, Program and Product levels.
• Well versed with facilitating Value Stream, Lean Value Tree, KPI and/or OKR workshops
• Responsible for leading Program Increment Sessions for new ART(s) being stood up
• Responsible for creating coaching and workshop content for different Agile methods and practices, and different Agile roles.
• Support and foster collaborative partnerships required for training and coaching; develop relationships that support organizational agility.
• Has the ability to see the "big picture" and align the right Agile methods and practices that will support adoption in a pragmatic and iterative manner.
• Ensures transparency related to common goals, especially in support of larger business objectives
• Serve as a SME for Agile Methodologies and specifically for scaled agile methods, defining consistent metrics, dashboards and/or information radiators to drive data-based decisions
• Must be able to be a voice of reason and authority and build consensus.
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example
• Problem solver when it comes to dealing with the team members at different levels and helping Agile Roles to succeed.
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
• Mentor different Agile roles, specifically Scrum Masters, RTE(s), Product Management, etc. on techniques related to leading without authority.
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Responsible for providing upskilling recommendations for Scrum Masters, PO, RTE, and other agile roles as practices and processes evolve with different agile frameworks.
• Participates in establishes continuous learning and growth path for different agile roles.
• Facilitates a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope - Facilitates a lean agile / continuous improvement mindset.
• Aware of company control functions and supports agile lean governance (risk, compliance, privacy, security and legal) activities
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
-12+ years of experience managing large programs and/or Product lifecycle experience.
-6+ years of Agile Coaching at portfolio level and executive coaching
-3+years of experience being a team level coach and/or RTE
-5+ years of people management experience
-SAFe SPC certification, SAFe Leading SAFe certification, SAFe LPM certification
-Agile Coaching certifications (IC Agile) or Scrum Alliance Trainer certification would be preferred
-Works effectively with Executive and Sr. Leadership levels
-Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
-Experience in executing on Agile transformation roadmaps
-Experience facilitating Lean Value Tree, KPI and/or OKR workshops
-Experience breaking down large complex initiatives into small outcome based MVP's that drive business value realization and learning earlier in the product life-cycle
-Well versed with planning, facilitating, coaching, and launching scaled agile initiatives (Agile release trains or Tribes)
-Well versed with Agile estimation and planning techniques, and effective impediment resolution
-Extensive experience in backlog refinement techniques and mentoring product management on these practices
-Well versed and comfortable coaching the teams on ATDD, TDD, and BDD
-Good understanding of DEVSECOPS practices
-Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and mentoring skills
-Experience in driving towards the model of decentralizing decision making
-Well versed with mentoring the scrum masters on leading without authority
-Well versed with mentoring and coaching Product Owners and Product managers on backlog definition, prioritization techniques and their interactions with the teams
-Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
-Experience working in onshore and offshore model with geographically distributed team
-Organizational Awareness Transparency and Integrity
-Humility and Openness
-Effective Communication Style
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.
Posted less than a minute ago
Posted less than a minute ago
Posted less than a minute ago