Advisory Consultants are responsible for delivering value-add consulting services to Waystar clients with a focus on integration, workflow, operational readiness, and measurement frameworks. This individual will ensure clients achieve maximum return on investment through effective use of Waystar's data and software. The Advisory Consultant will leverage extensive healthcare revenue cycle IT and operational experience to deliver advisory services that drive immense value across the Waystar client portfolio.
What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Client base for advisory services is primarily large health systems
- Lead client engagements with wide-ranging scope and complexity; accountable for consistent delivery of high-quality results
- Leverage client engagement experiences to develop best practices for integration, workflow, and operational readiness, then effectively communicate recommendations across client base
- Lead pre-contract discovery discussions with prospective clients
- Conduct current state assessments to gather all applicable business requirements, system and integration capabilities, workflows, resources, and policies and procedures
- Lead workflow and process redesign workshops
- Identify and remediate any risks or barriers to optimal integration with Waystar solutions
- Identify client's opportunities for improvement and advise on workflow optimization efforts
- Understand and explain the revenue cycle metrics impacted by Waystar's solutions and align client's goals and opportunities with appropriate metrics for tracking outcomes and ROI calculations
- Provide peer-level support to clients for technical, operational, and strategic challenges
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic customers to ensure continued satisfaction and reference availability
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- 3+ years of implementation, support, or consulting experience with large health systems
- Extensive healthcare revenue cycle experience, including optimization of patient access and/or business office workflows (insurance verification, authorizations, revenue integrity, claims, remittance, denials, insurance collections, self-pay collections, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with HIS/EMR systems (Epic, Cerner, Meditech)
- Skilled at building and managing relationships with all levels of management (both internally and client-focused)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding decision-making, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Willingness to travel
Waystar provides cloud-based technology that simplifies and unifies healthcare payments. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
Waystar products have won Best in KLAS® or Category Leader every year since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.