As the complexity and importance of controls in our vehicle programs grows, the Advanced Controls System Manager will be key to the successful execution of the vehicle controls plan. This plan spans the planning/pre-execution phase of the GVDP timeline, from the early planning phases of PFI and DSI, leading up to VPI and handoff to Execution Controls Manager. We are seeking proactive, high energy LEADERS who want to be part of this transformation in GM's history.
As the Advanced Controls System Manager, you will be the voice of controls as a program takes shape early in the GVDP (pre-VPI). Advanced Controls Systems Managers are expected to drive the organization forward by working cross functionally with teams from Bill of Material Family Owners (BFOs), Feature Owners, Tech Specialists, Program Team (PEM, VCE, ECE) and others to lay the foundation of the vehicle controls plan. This role gives candidates an opportunity to be part of an exciting area of our business.
Advanced Controls Systems Managers should be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, engaging and working with program leadership and SMT leadership, and able to lead an indirect team.
- Achieve all Pre-VPI GVDP milestones with quality. These milestones include, but are not limited to, Initial BOM Review, Final BOM Review, SWQRRs
- Map the Vehicle Minimal Viable Product (MVP) Epics to Programs.
- Complete understanding on the vehicle controls systems, including all features and module interactions. Establish Vehicle Feature Rollout Plan (VFRP)
- Create Controller Worksheets and Enhanced VisBOM. Includes reviews with Executive Chief Engineer and Complexity reduction team prior to GFL mailouts for GMNA based programs.
- Create initial Controls Development Plan (CDP) with input from execution Controls Manager
- Work cross functionally with Tools & Process, IT, Systems Engineering, Program Teams, SMT & Business Process Team, as required
- Work with Cypher Team to roll-out new tool and process, as required
Additional Job DescriptionRequirements
- Lead effort to address all Electrical Architecture Application Changes, as required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of software/controls experience
- Knowledge of serial data communications
- Strong understanding of major automotive systems and subsystems
- Knowledge of hardware and software interfaces
- Understanding of verification and validation processes
- Strong program management experience
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Proactive / results driven individual with high levels of initiative
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and assignments independently with a high accountability for results
- Must like working in an ambiguous environment where you enjoy being innovative and driving new solutions to the organization.
- Must be comfortable presenting to senior leadership in various forums.
- 5+ years of software/controls experience
- Experience with Global VIP Architecture (i.e. ISO 14229, Cybersecurity, Ethernet)
- Experience with and/or knowledge of relevant technologies (eg. EPS, Infotainment, Active Safety, CyberSecurity, AUTOSAR, Electrification Controls)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.