Job Summary: The admission counselor is responsible for coordinating the development, implementation, and assessment of recruitment efforts in the assigned territory. The counselor will participate in all major on-campus recruitment events (i.e., open houses, scholarship programs, etc.).
* Participate in the development, implementation, and assessment of tactical recruitment plans.
* Represent the college in various state and national organizations.
* Coordinate communication initiatives with prospective and admitted students.
* Represent the Office of Admission with outside constituencies (i.e., athletics, student life, parents/alumni board, etc.) as assigned.
* Assist with all major on-campus visitation programs (i.e., open houses, scholarship programs, etc.)
* Organize, plan, and coordinate annual travel within assigned territory.
* Build relationships with high school counselors and local community-based organizations.
* Represent Hanover College at high schools and college fairs.
* Conduct admission interviews with prospective students and parents.
* Follow up with prospective students and parents throughout the recruitment process.
* Participate in the review of applicant files for admission decisions.
* Maintain a working knowledge of financial aid programs and policies.
* Coordinate and oversee regional receptions in various locations.
* Travel to regions other than assigned, as needed.
* Provide periodic Saturday office coverage.
* Other duties as assigned by the director of admission.
Education Required: Minimum of bachelor's degree.
Experience Preferred: Admission, public relations, or marketing related experience.
* Maintain a positive, energetic personality.
* Drive to take initiative in assigned territory as well as other Admission projects.
* Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to project the image of the college clearly and professionally.
* Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks with client-centered attitude.
* Knowledge of PC Windows based computing environment.
* Required to participate in training as office software and/or system changes mandate.
* Bi-lingual in Spanish
* Able to function effectively under pressure.
* Able to make decisions and respond to challenges quickly and with ease.
* Professional appearance and dress.
* Demonstrate professionalism and complete confidentiality when counseling students and/or parents.
* Possess initiative, enthusiasm, and punctuality.
* Be organized and flexible with time and tasks.
* Must be committed to team participation and success.
* Must be able to assist staff members with unusual and complex issues.
* Able to sit/stand/walk for extended periods.
* Able to work in a stressful, time sensitive environment.