Title:Administrative Support Specialist, Student Affairs (TempForce) Position Type:TempForce Position Classification:Non-Exempt Home Department:Vice President for Student Affairs Open until filled:Yes Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor's degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Compensation: Hourly Rate of $16 Description
The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs is seeking a highly organized candidate to fill an Administrative Support Specialist position. This position will provide administrative and office support for the Associate and Assistant Vice Presidents for Student Affairs, interact with students who visit the Office of the Vice President, and collaborate with the entire office to provide support and services to students and professionals across campus. Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide welcoming environment for office guests, especially students in a manner consistent with the Division of Student Affairs' standard for "Service Excellence"
- Provide coverage for the front desk including answering phones and backing-up office staff
- Maintain calendars for Associate and Assistant Vice President
- Provide Student Conduct case and document management
- Schedule and manage formal student conduct hearings and Student Conduct Board trainings
- Report on analytics related to Student Conduct
- Provide staff support for the Disciplinary Review Panel
- Prove support for programs and offices under the Assistant Vice President
- Provide support and analytics relating to Take Stock in Children
- Provide support and analytics for the Life Happens Emergency Aid and Laptop Loaner programs
- Provide support for Commencement ceremonies
- Perform data entry and document formatting functions
- Provide assistance with documentation associated with staff travels
- Support on and off campus program planning and implementation
- Assist with overflow work from the Executive Assistant to the Vice President
- Deliver documents and materials across campus
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement
- Perform other duties as assigned
Reports to: Executive Assistant Qualifications
Required: HS diploma/GED plus two years of related work experience, or a combination of education and related work experience equal to two years, is required.
Additional Qualifications: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Foreign language competencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to effectively handle confidential and proprietary information.
- Communication - able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Customer Service - ability to respond promptly and courteously to all questions from students and faculty, demonstrating patience and persistence when helping students with little or no computer skills.
- Independent work - able to work independently with limited supervision and able to self-motivate.
- Organization & Time Management - able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal - highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online Pre-Screening Information Sheet, cover letter, resume and unofficial transcripts. All submitted materials will be routed and review by the following Job Contact:
Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs
Contact: Required Documents
:Letter of Intent, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
This job has expired.